Lt. Commander
# 1 Overpriced Exchange
01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
I don't get why so many people are selling their worthless phasers for hundreds or thousands of energy credits. It's annoying trying to sift through it all to find something that costs less than what vendors charge. Are some of you out there just hoping to rip off an innocent noob who thinks a tribble must be worth 1000 energy credits?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I don't get why so many people are selling their worthless phasers for hundreds or thousands of energy credits. It's annoying trying to sift through it all to find something that costs less than what vendors charge. Are some of you out there just hoping to rip off an innocent noob who thinks a tribble must be worth 1000 energy credits?
it will work it's self out when it become more common.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 08:39 PM
This always happens at the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
The headstart crowd of all MMOs tends to be more driven, focused and cut-throat. So, yes, they are trying to scam people to get their creds. It will calm down over time. I haven't even looked at the exch yet and won't for a while still. A waste when the game has been up for less than a day really.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I've seen stuff for 50,000+ on the exchange. Don't these idiots realize that no one probably has that much at this point? Everyone started playing a few hours ago, pretty much.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:44 PM
I've seen a few people saying they are using the Exchange as extra storage and pricing things very high expressly so no one will buy them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Are some of you out there just hoping to rip off an innocent noob who thinks a tribble must be worth 1000 energy credits?
That's pretty much it. The only way to slow this down is to undercut thier prices.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
I've seen a few people saying they are using the Exchange as extra storage and pricing things very high expressly so no one will buy them.
How could you need that much storage already? Bank is big and inventory is not small. Are people using the exchange to store gagh or something? There is a replicator, btw.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
This could be a HUGE flaw in the making... banks will have no more purpose. They'll need to add some sort of listing fee which must be paid monthly or so (in energy credits) for each listing, to prevent the abuse of the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alreya
How could you need that much storage already? Bank is big and inventory is not small. Are people using the exchange to store gagh or something? There is a replicator, btw.
I was wondering the same thing. How could they have so much stuff already? And why aren't they vendoring it or feeding it to the replicator?