Lt. Commander
# 1 So I Had An Idea
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
And decided to post it here cause I know it'll get lost in all the whining elsewhere.

I was thinking today about an eventual expansion Cryptic could release. Rather than just have a few Mirror Universe references/missions in this game, I was thinking since Cryptic did City of Villains for CoH that it would be cool if they did something similar for STO. A whole expansion based on the Mirror Universe, similar to CoV to CoH.

Maybe even totally reverse gameplay: Feds (or in this case the, I guess, "reborn" Terran Empire) vs. the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance. And where now the Feds are very PvE focused, as the Terran Empire they'd be more PvP focused like the current Klingons, and vise-verse (sp?). Exactly the mirror opposite of our current game.

Just thought I'd share it, see what others thought. The things one thinks of on the long flight between Sol and Lackey....
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Not practical. Just think about all the character remapping cryptic would have to do to give everyone goatees!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 10:20 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea, but I think it would be more of an "instance" type of thing than a whole expansion. Something like the Caverns of Time in WoW...

I just came from Wow...I promise I'll stop making references as soon as the STO download is done and i can start playing...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenant-One View Post
That's actually a pretty good idea, but I think it would be more of an "instance" type of thing than a whole expansion. Something like the Caverns of Time in WoW...

I just came from Wow...I promise I'll stop making references as soon as the STO download is done and i can start playing...
Never got that far in WoW. :p

I just figured since Cryptic did it once before, why not do it again for STO here in a couple of years or so once it gets its footing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Never got that far in WoW. :p

I just figured since Cryptic did it once before, why not do it again for STO here in a couple of years or so once it gets its footing.
that's a stupid idea, it's like basicly rebuilding the whole game only giving the klingons the fed missions and the feds can go sit in the klingon ghetto....
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
that's a stupid idea, it's like basicly rebuilding the whole game only giving the klingons the fed missions and the feds can go sit in the klingon ghetto....
I aint gonna go in no ghetto D=

But I like the idea... shame the terran empire died and became slaves to the Alliance...
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-25-2010, 06:44 PM
wait...you didn't want your suggestion to get lost in the whining so you posted it where it will be lost in the dance parties and craziness? You know this won't see page 2 without being derail.... *pauses and then...dance fever!*
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
wait...you didn't want your suggestion to get lost in the whining so you posted it where it will be lost in the dance parties and craziness? You know this won't see page 2 without being derail.... *pauses and then...dance fever!*
*Slids into the thread like in Risky Business. Looks down.*

Oops, my pants.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
*Joins in dancing* *dancing*

Hehe, that was a fun night, and all because I started dancing xD
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-26-2010, 11:42 AM
That is what Klingon's and Romulan's are for.