Career Officer
Hello,

My suggestion today is that a turbolift be added to the Scimitar bridge. I know that it is a lot of work for the artwork developers to make entire ship interiors, but in this case, there is no real reason to have a "new" interior when the ship is Romulan already and can just use the default Romulan interiors available to all other Romulan ships.

I'm not entirely sure why this is not already so, to be honest. The rear doors off the thalron chamber are roughly the same size as the turbolift doors on the default bridges, so one could be added there.
Republic Veteran
# 2
09-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralah1 View Post
Hello,

My suggestion today is that a turbolift be added to the Scimitar bridge. I know that it is a lot of work for the artwork developers to make entire ship interiors, but in this case, there is no real reason to have a "new" interior when the ship is Romulan already and can just use the default Romulan interiors available to all other Romulan ships.

I'm not entirely sure why this is not already so, to be honest. The rear doors off the thalron chamber are roughly the same size as the turbolift doors on the default bridges, so one could be added there.
I've been thinking the exact same thing. "Designing new ship interiors takes more time ..." Of course it does. Who said they have to be all new? While it would be nice to have some Romulan bridge options (don't these sell fairly well for other factions in the C Store?), nobody ever (as far as I recall) asked for whole new interiors on ships like the Romulan dreadnought warbirds, or the Andorian ship(s) from the C Store, or anything else from the C Store? I have had an Orion Marauder Flight Deck Cruiser since ... some time last year for my Orion. It has an interior. The whole interior is standard Klingon (although I have at least a couple of other Klingon bridge options/packages, so I could get some variation in my bridges, at least), as far as I remember. Sure, it would be nice to have a special Orion bridge for that ship, but not at the cost of the loss of the remainder of the ship interior.

It's not that much work to stick a turbolift in a new bridge design and have the node connect through that to the node for the rest of the ship's interior (direct node connections do not seem to be the norm here [except on some ground zones like the multi-faction area of New Romulus], since the turbolift itself represents a seam between nodes, requiring the loading of the new zone ...).

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet
Career Officer
# 3
10-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I totally understand how much work they put into interiors. That is 100% fine. This request is not for anything new. Simply the inclusion of something old.
Captain
# 4
10-30-2013, 09:27 PM
I think they gave up on the idea of making ship interiors worth visiting, hence why they only make new bridges, roms get no trophy cases, etc.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-31-2013, 05:38 PM
I would also like to see a turbolift added so I can visit the crew deck and engineering while using my scimitar. As well as that I would like them to fix the standard Romulan bridge as some of the seating in the ready room does not work correctly when you click on it while it worked fine when I tested it during the LoR closed beta.