Lt. Commander
# 1 Garbage
01-29-2010, 07:40 PM
1. They lead on as if you can download the beta version from any of the pre-order sites.
- I'm not going to search the whole d@mn website to learn that I can only use approximately 4 servers that the game can be purchased through

2. I ordered it from Gamestop and they don't give me a mother fahking CD-key
- What the mother fahk?
- Don't mislead me
- I bought the game and GameStop makes me buy "download insurance" for like $3.50 and I can't even download the game from them, it says "pending", they go on to tell me that I won't receive my CD-key until Monday because it is supplied by a 3rd party who will e-mail me

3. You know who I blame? The people who gave me the option to purchase the game through GameStop
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't have my CD-key in a timely fashion
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't actually be able to download the beta from GameStop yesterday
- Cryptic KNEW a lot of bullcrap that I have to suffer from because they wanted to make a buck

4. You know who I trust? Blizzard.
- For reasons too numerous to mention
- Most importantly, they don't trick me like you @$$-holes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasticus
1. They lead on as if you can download the beta version from any of the pre-order sites.
- I'm not going to search the whole d@mn website to learn that I can only use approximately 4 servers that the game can be purchased through

2. I ordered it from Gamestop and they don't give me a mother fahking CD-key
- What the mother fahk?
- Don't mislead me
- I bought the game and GameStop makes me buy "download insurance" for like $3.50 and I can't even download the game from them, it says "pending", they go on to tell me that I won't receive my CD-key until Monday because it is supplied by a 3rd party who will e-mail me

3. You know who I blame? The people who gave me the option to purchase the game through GameStop
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't have my CD-key in a timely fashion
- Cryptic KNEW I wouldn't actually be able to download the beta from GameStop yesterday
- Cryptic KNEW a lot of bullcrap that I have to suffer from because they wanted to make a buck

4. You know who I trust? Blizzard.
- For reasons too numerous to mention
- Most importantly, they don't trick me like you @$$-holes.
Boo freaking hoo, It is not cryptics fault that gamestop doesn't have their stuff together.
Cryptic would be shooting themselves in the foot not to work with game stop, seeing as its one of the largest video game retailers in the US.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 07:44 PM
You know what else is Cryptic fault? they forgot to feed my fish while i was gone and now its dead. Damn you CRYPTIC!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 07:45 PM
seriusly... soon you start blameing the people makeing the dvd plates that they burn them out on cause they should have known that this would happen lmao
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok, so I called GameStop earlier and ask why I can't dload the beta client from them?

- "We've tried to contact the publishers numerous times about allowing customers to dload the beta from us and they haven't contacted us back about it, it's been a pretty big compaint and we can't do anything until they coorespond" Paraphrase

I've been dealing with the garbage since last night.

I've been mislead, and it's not all about GameStop, don't give me a non-viable option to purchase the game through. If the game wasn't ready to be released, if all the issues were'nt lined out (other than a few minor/major gameplay isssues) and if it was known that some people would purchase the game and ultimately not be able to play the "guaranteed beta" then why portray it as such? Bad business, I don't accept cheap excuses or be-littling as an answer. Cryptic represents everything negative that comes with an intangible business.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
LOL

That is all
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasticus
Ok, so I called GameStop earlier and ask why I can't dload the beta client from them?

- "We've tried to contact the publishers numerous times about allowing customers to dload the beta from us and they haven't contacted us back about it, it's been a pretty big compaint and we can't do anything until they coorespond" Paraphrase

I've been dealing with the garbage since last night.

I've been mislead, and it's not all about GameStop, don't give me a non-viable option to purchase the game through. If the game wasn't ready to be released, if all the issues were'nt lined out (other than a few minor/major gameplay isssues) and if it was known that some people would purchase the game and ultimately not be able to play the "guaranteed beta" then why portray it as such? Bad business, I don't accept cheap excuses or be-littling as an answer. Cryptic represents everything negative that comes with an intangible business.
If GS is saying it's the publishers fault as to why you can't download, then direct your anger at Atari. Cryptic developed the game, Atari's handling all the PR, sales, etc.

And you've obviously never played one of SOE's games....
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 08:21 PM
and you couldn't get the beta client from Cryptic like most of us did because why?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Beta ended like 3 days ago, what are you on about??

Plenty of places to download the client before - fileplanet, cryptic and others. Buy a didgital download and Steam, D2D and DLgamer all had the client.

GoodLuck in WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Curious, when something goes wrong, why does everyone say 'go back to WoW' or 'good luck in WoW'..Funny, isnt WoW the #1 game atm but yet many look down upon it like its a joke? I admit, I left WoW for various reason but..