Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydofZINJ View Post
I believe Cryptic made that Briar patch mission into noob sauce easy too. Also, it was easy ... if you just went the long way around. Use your head and dont charge
nope not noob sauce now the enemy can one shoot the clouds of gas but you cant. also you have to into it on the second part to beam into it and clouds spawn rgiht on top of me anywhere I am near the base
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Please bear in mind that Ter 1 is supposed to be easy to ease people into how the game works. The difficulty ramps up from there.

Course there are some people who would complain that the dev cubes were too easy...
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't remember many MMO's that are really 'difficult' for the first half of the levelling curve, It gets harder, that's how it usually works. Elvis has left the building.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM
The pre-10 battles are far far too easy. I managed to win a space fight while asleep. Yes, actually asleep. God bless auto-fire.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinerath View Post
I have been playing MMOs for a while now as probably most of you veterans have and have you ever been challenged in the first ten levels? The only game I have was Guild Wars and that's because it's half the game to get to level 10. I don't care about difficulty right now. i would like to see what it is like post Lt. Commander.
Never, not EQ2, wow, SWG (skill wise), CoX, ***, Lotro, etc. Can't think of any that started hard.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
Never, not EQ2, wow, SWG (skill wise), CoX, ***, Lotro, etc. Can't think of any that started hard.
It's less about starting hard and more about MAKING DEATH A SLIM POSSIBILITY.

As I said in my post above yours, I was literally ASLEEP at the computer(Work exhausted me) and yet I still managed to win against multiple birds of prey thanks to auto-fire and random button presses by my crushing cheeks of death.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 12:27 PM
yes it's very easy ...yawn

on a bit of a tangent abt mmo's starting off hard... i remember EQ1, my sexy little wood elf fighting those nasty orc's....ahh them was the days. long treks thru the dark scary woods to recover my body and gear, baddies on all sides , screaming death arrrrggghhh.

hard is good, right girls?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 12:28 PM
hard easy its all perspective.. everyone has a different experience.. and most mmos 1-10 are relatively easy because your still learning. Shouldn't be out to get u in the first 10 levels.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philius-Fogg View Post
I agree,

Its far to easy and nothing more than a time eater! It seems to me that cryptic is more interested in listening to noob MMO players than us expierenced veterans. When the server is actually up......it would be nice to be challangened in some manner other than wondering what to call your charachter.
high horse much?

anyway, the game starts out incredibly easy. Why? So you get used to it. When you get to higher levels, the ships start using their bonus powers, the same types that you gain against you. Enjoy fighting the neg'vars that launch boarding party shuttles against you along with their 6 torpedo volley's or the Romulan Warbirds using tracker beams o hold you in place while they hit you with their aoe knockback and torpedo volley. Yes, they will hit for a hell of a lot harder as well.

or, just do what you're doing and completely judge the game based on intro content. I bet you complained to blizzard that the wolves in the starting area weren't challenging enough and needed to do something more than 1 attack.

As you get a higher level, the challenge is raised. JUST like every other MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
FFXI did. There was always a bunny that could eat your face off. A bunny from which all other bunnies were wrought. The ruin-er of noobs!

But after getting into the game and figuring some things out, the first few levels were easy. When you hit 7-10 the challenge stepped up.

As for STO, the game's difficulty early on is no indicator of it's difficulty later. Insanely easy starting out, but I just ran into a mission that actually blew me up 2 or 3 times.