Captain
# 1 A new Oddy?
10-27-2013, 09:29 PM
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...metheusvoddy_0

Critique my build you know you want to.

PvE build. This is what i want a PvE build, decent damage good survivability.

Doffs are 2 blue reduce CD on EPtX
Purple Torp CD
Puple power increase on use of EPtX power.
Cant rememver the doff types. Just what they do.
And the shields, and deflector and warpcore i cant remember all the stuff one them but they work excellent.
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 2
10-27-2013, 09:33 PM
If you're running a couple of damage control officers, you can drop everything you have in your Eng LtCmdr slots and lose pretty much nothing. Heck assign it to a tac officer, upgrade to FAW2 APB2 and add a second TT1, then turn the universal ensign into PH1.
Captain
# 3
10-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Also remember that you can only have two types of emergency power running in parallel at any given time.

For PvE damage, I'd recommend swapping out all the Antiproton weapons for Plasma, your choice of Fleet (more raw damage, costs less dil) or Romulan (may proc for more damage, doesn't cost Fleet Credits), with the Experimental Array in place of one normal array. You might also entertain the use of the Romulan Hyper-Plasma torpedo, which unlocks Hyperflux on the Experimental array.

Your Neutronium may be stacked too high: Damage Resistance Rating gives diminishing returns. Two is a good balance between cost and benefit.
Captain
# 4
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
If you're running a couple of damage control officers, you can drop everything you have in your Eng LtCmdr slots and lose pretty much nothing. Heck assign it to a tac officer, upgrade to FAW2 APB2 and add a second TT1, then turn the universal ensign into PH1.
Thats correct, i do not need all those powers, but the EPtE really helps me get from place to place faster which is important as i hate getting to the party late. The CD doffs help but not nearly enough, 30% of 30s is practically nothing, and a 30% of activation not good either. So say for examples sake, i am in a situation where EPtW is needed, i can fire one then 15s later fire the other, or in the case of most often, i am attracting fire and needing to pop off as much in the heal category as possible to keep alive.

So i see you point and i present my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Also remember that you can only have two types of emergency power running in parallel at any given time.

For PvE damage, I'd recommend swapping out all the Antiproton weapons for Plasma, your choice of Fleet (more raw damage, costs less dil) or Romulan (may proc for more damage, doesn't cost Fleet Credits), with the Experimental Array in place of one normal array. You might also entertain the use of the Romulan Hyper-Plasma torpedo, which unlocks Hyperflux on the Experimental array.

Your Neutronium may be stacked too high: Damage Resistance Rating gives diminishing returns. Two is a good balance between cost and benefit.
I picked the Antiproton cause i almost never use them. I do for cannons on my Tac captain, when i burn up another atrox i will be rom plasma-ing it. As it stands the Antiproton stays i like the pretty colors and they are fairly effective. Last parse i put out in damage 6.5k (DPS), as for my neutroniums yeah they stack poorly, i only get about 44% out of all my resists, but the + turn on all of them super helps.

And as i already have everything depcted in the build as im running it, the cost argument is kind of moot.
Captain
# 5
10-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
Thats correct, i do not need all those powers, but the EPtE really helps me get from place to place faster which is important as i hate getting to the party late. The CD doffs help but not nearly enough, 30% of 30s is practically nothing, and a 30% of activation not good either. So say for examples sake, i am in a situation where EPtW is needed, i can fire one then 15s later fire the other, or in the case of most often, i am attracting fire and needing to pop off as much in the heal category as possible to keep alive.

So i see you point and i present my own.
Okay I'm puzzled then, as do you not keep your EPTS and EPTW on a constant cycling? The Damage Control doffs proc with both of those skills, and you can add a third doff, for 6 chances per 30 second cycle, and one success cuts both CDs by 13.5 seconds off the 45 second CD time. With 3 doffs that gives you a 90-something percent success rate, making the skills up for 30 seconds then down for just 1.5 seconds, close enough to always-on for just about anything in this game.

So like
0s EPTW activation, 3 chances, no doff successes
15s EPTS activation, 3 chances, doff success
30s EPTW ends
31.5s EPTW activation, 3 chances, doff success
45s EPTS ends
46.5s EPTS activation, 3 chances, doff success
61.5s EPTW ends
63s EPTW activates, 3 chances, doff success
etc

It keeps both powers always on just as a matter of course, never with you actively activating anything, basically turning them into passive constants. You just have to remember to mash your relevant keybind every 15 seconds or so. Of course it means that you're never going to be able to use your EPTE as it'll always be on shared CD, and there will be that 7-8% chance once in a while of being caught with only one active, but the tradeoff is that you're freeing up 3 boff slots and never really having to worry about having the right power available because its always on by default. (Its actually kind of ironic that they're called Emergency powers, when in practice they're constants.) As for the missing EPTE, well, there's evasives, engine batteries, or deuterium surplus.
Captain
# 6
10-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Okay I'm puzzled then, as do you not keep your EPTS and EPTW on a constant cycling? The Damage Control doffs proc with both of those skills, and you can add a third doff, for 6 chances per 30 second cycle, and one success cuts both CDs by 13.5 seconds off the 45 second CD time. With 3 doffs that gives you a 90-something percent success rate, making the skills up for 30 seconds then down for just 1.5 seconds, close enough to always-on for just about anything in this game.

So like
0s EPTW activation, 3 chances, no doff successes
15s EPTS activation, 3 chances, doff success
30s EPTW ends
31.5s EPTW activation, 3 chances, doff success
45s EPTS ends
46.5s EPTS activation, 3 chances, doff success
61.5s EPTW ends
63s EPTW activates, 3 chances, doff success
etc

It keeps both powers always on just as a matter of course, never with you actively activating anything, basically turning them into passive constants. You just have to remember to mash your relevant keybind every 15 seconds or so. Of course it means that you're never going to be able to use your EPTE as it'll always be on shared CD, and there will be that 7-8% chance once in a while of being caught with only one active, but the tradeoff is that you're freeing up 3 boff slots and never really having to worry about having the right power available because its always on by default. (Its actually kind of ironic that they're called Emergency powers, when in practice they're constants.) As for the missing EPTE, well, there's evasives, engine batteries, or deuterium surplus.
Engine batteries just dont seem to cut it. I usually only hit EPtE at the start of an STF and in the middle to get somehwere else.

And i am constantly cycling EPtX just in a different way.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-28-2013, 09:36 AM
I'll reinforce the idea of dropping the second Lt Com Engi for Tactical.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...ndinferno_4637

My current Oddy, running a Sci with a Tac Capt with a Singe-Target focus the DPS is astounding against a big boss. 15k isn't unheard of and a 10 second brief spike of past 20k DPS is not uncommon. Match averages of over 9k on a non-FAW Cruiser build I would think is worth noting.

Running 3x Damage Control and 2x Con Officer Doffs the EptX skills cycle at global CD almost all the time, and Tac Team is at global - pushing the defensive skill enough to be well worth it. With the power in the Phasers the Torpedo's strength is primarially in the use of the Torpedo skill. I don't have the Torpdeo on auto, instead often using the skill together with the weapon on its 15 second cycle on the swapped Tac officers with TS II and TS III as there's a good chance to miss that narrow window - with one the 30 seconds is a bit of a strech and auto firing torpedo adds up.

For yours I'd recommend similar to mine;

TT I, ApB I, ApB II
HE I
FAW I, TS I
EPE I, EPS II, EPW III, Aux2SIF III
TSS I, TBR I

Or fidge the Science skills around another way; or use a second Engi for the EPE and keep the setup with EPW I, EPS II, RP II, Aux2SIF III.
Captain
# 8
10-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unboundinferno View Post
I'll reinforce the idea of dropping the second Lt Com Engi for Tactical.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...ndinferno_4637

My current Oddy, running a Sci with a Tac Capt with a Singe-Target focus the DPS is astounding against a big boss. 15k isn't unheard of and a 10 second brief spike of past 20k DPS is not uncommon. Match averages of over 9k on a non-FAW Cruiser build I would think is worth noting.

Running 3x Damage Control and 2x Con Officer Doffs the EptX skills cycle at global CD almost all the time, and Tac Team is at global - pushing the defensive skill enough to be well worth it. With the power in the Phasers the Torpedo's strength is primarially in the use of the Torpedo skill. I don't have the Torpdeo on auto, instead often using the skill together with the weapon on its 15 second cycle on the swapped Tac officers with TS II and TS III as there's a good chance to miss that narrow window - with one the 30 seconds is a bit of a strech and auto firing torpedo adds up.

For yours I'd recommend similar to mine;

TT I, ApB I, ApB II
HE I
FAW I, TS I
EPE I, EPS II, EPW III, Aux2SIF III
TSS I, TBR I

Or fidge the Science skills around another way; or use a second Engi for the EPE and keep the setup with EPW I, EPS II, RP II, Aux2SIF III.
I see your build. For your doffs are you using purple or blue? Would the Tac be better than the Sci? As in will the Three Tac consoles work as well as the sensor analysis? I have all three so fairly easy to switch.

Do you find the Aquarius and work bees actually useful? or are you just using them for the bonus? And is said Bonus really worth it?

I may go through and test using the other Boff powers as i have enough Eng and Tac boffs to do so without actually losing my Previous build.