Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 475
# 31
11-01-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Technically it is a D'D, but with a Warp Core rather than a Singularity core, thus it looses its Singularity powers. The Adapted Battlecruiser with the adapted set, the borg set and the borg tech set, along with Comm Array is darn near indestructible.
O yes, i just bought Tal Shiar Battle Cruiser (90 mil EC) and already had Destroyer so i completed the set.
Before the comm array in was around 70 mil.
This thing now is indestructible tank with so much firepower.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 651
# 32
11-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Sooo I haven't played around with an actual cruiser-cruiser in a long time so I've not tried out the comm array powers, but I really haven't seen anything that makes me wish I had them on my D'deridex. It seems to turn just fine like I have it and I get a certain amount of glee at engaging the battlecloak, spinning like a top, decloaking and opening fire. Makes me feel like I'm in an episode of Trek. Heh.

And once in a while I'll equip quad disruptors on it just for fun. I know it's probably a detriment.. buuuuuuut.. I love how it looks when that beast of a warbird swoops in while decloaking and those things start firing.

I'm easily amused.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
# 33
11-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Yeah, I don't get all the hate on the DD. Gorgeous ship, the turn rate really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. I think part of the problem is just the sheer size of the model, making it "feel" more sluggish than it really is.

There used to be a similar outcry about Tauren in classic WoW. The model was so big, its run animation moved slower... but the actual character had the same run speed as every other race. People kept complaining that the Tauren were slower than other races, but they weren't. The animation was just slower because of how tall the Tauren were.
____
Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.

Last edited by bluegrassgeek; 11-04-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 607
# 34
11-05-2013, 01:09 AM
The 2-Piece set for the D'd is really effective.

Combine that with 2 Mk X fleet RCS consoles, It turns awesomely quick, More than enough to bring cannons to bear.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,395
# 35
11-05-2013, 05:35 AM
1. Turning is irrelevant to a beam boat
2. You only need 1 copy of A2B
3. D'D can do 20k DPS set up right

/thread.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 190
# 36
11-05-2013, 08:33 AM
I love my 'dex, but it must be the fact that I'm still kitting it out or something, because this thing feels like tissue paper at the moment. It always seems like the second my shields go below 50% I'm within five seconds of blowing up, which baffles the hell out of me given how tanky this ship is supposed to be.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 607
# 37
11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terloki View Post
I love my 'dex, but it must be the fact that I'm still kitting it out or something, because this thing feels like tissue paper at the moment. It always seems like the second my shields go below 50% I'm within five seconds of blowing up, which baffles the hell out of me given how tanky this ship is supposed to be.
That's odd, I've found my D'D remarkably good surviving, I've had instances when my shields get drained (Still using Blue XII Reman) by the borg, And i'm able to hang around with just my bare hull showing for quite a while...


What's your build, Out if interest?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We won't go back, you don't know what its like in our Universe, the original timeline had gone, JJ Abrahms is everywhere"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
just shut up
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,512
# 38
11-05-2013, 05:27 PM
I got my D'deridex a few weeks ago. Points well spent on the ship at T5. So far I have use it on several missions and have good luck with it. Giving that I'm a Tac Romulan on top of that.

Turning I don't have issues like most pointed out. However most are not used to a slow turning ship or don't want to set it up right. Or don't want to work the cloak to help it. Even better I have dual beam banks and heavy cannons mounted up as well.

So far only bad time I had with the ship. Was in the mission "New Link". I got jammed up around the rocks and they kinda ate my ship up. But I didn't blow up. So size and turn didn't work in my favor on that.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 66
# 39
11-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidevant View Post
The only ships in the game that is better than a D'Deridex are the Scimitar and Recluse.
The T5 T'Varo.
If you say "it sucks", try flying it with a science captain.
if you still say "it sucks", you aren't flying it correctly and need schooling.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 911
# 40
11-16-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
For gods sake you don't buy a dd to turn

With beam weapons enjoying a resurgence to power you really just need to adjust how you play and stop moaning

Sing powers are much more valuable and OP than a measly 3 at best increase in turn rate and let's face it if your using something other than the weapon boost on the cruiser powers your a noob and need your head looking at
thisssssssssssssssssssssssssss^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 PM.