Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I know it' s just the headstart not the release date but in my opnion this has to be said now and not after days are gone:

It' s just as simple as it sounds. As I started my Federation character yesterday I got very early green and blue rewards for missions. Klingons has got PvP missions but missions. So I wonder when we just have got this kind of missions why we don' t get a reward comparing to the pve mission rewards of the Federation. Also I started my Fed char with a MK I sniper rifle but my Klingon who starts as Lt.5 has got a standard disrupter pistol making less damage than the Feds. When I am Lt. 5 as a Fed I have got enough money to buy good items like kids, shields and so on. Also I get this stuff as rewards. My Klingon has to start with nothing, no money, no shields but standard. Seems to be highly unfair in my opinion that we don' t get the same kind of mission rewards as the federation.

2nd is the droprate in Kahless Expanse: I have to go there to kill feds NPC since I am Level 20 (lt. com. 10) But if something different drops than batteries (what happens reallly rarely) I get white MK I or MK II stuff. Same time the Feds got their first MK III items or green and blue MK II items. Seems to be highly unfair for me, too.

I thougt Cryptic would have read what we were writing here and one of things mostly said was: give us better gear. Now as the headstart begun nothing happend until now. As the hope dies at last I hope they gonna change this since 02.02.2010.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 07:32 AM
yea like Starbase 24, you can farm it 24/7 and there is like 49 other feds in there, the mission is done in 4mins and then when its done everyone INSTANCE HOP to next instance and its bout ~5min per starbase 24 mission.

12 Missions per hour, rewards +exp

And when i look Klingon side Missions, Kahless is like a joke when compared to SB24 farming.

Kahless, 3 clears needed, 6min pause after every clear and clearing takes about 8mins, thats 44minuter per mission ? O.o ... did i calculate that right ?

5mins vs 44 ? Devs is it intended ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 07:37 AM
I'll copy/paste what i put in my other thread

Federation get better items for quest rewards
Some items that get as quest rewards are a no brainer when choosing items. Some of these blue items are even better then PvP blue items,I know many klingons who would take the Blue Paratrinic Shielding in a heartbeat if they could. http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2...dandengine.png

We need a vendor that sells quest rewards that we don't have access to. If the items are blue and our same rank PvP vendor items are green they should cost a good amount more to buy to make it fair. If the items are blue and our same rank PvP medal items are blue they should cost the same.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Not to mention that a lot of the ship items are 350 ish medals each and considering we only get roughly 30 medals per match we need to play 12 matches just to be able to buy shields never mind anything else. This would be fine if it was t5, on the way there you only just get kitted out by the time you move onto the next tier.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 11:12 AM
That' s exacty what I mean. So why don' t we get the same rewards for our quests as the federation players get? Why don' t we get reward (means money, items and sp like the feds has) for fleet actions? It' s really frustrating doing ground fleet action for two hours and all you found was three temporary usable items and as reward you get one hypospry
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 11:26 AM
We need to be patient, is what we need.

We have exploration content coming. In the mean time, don't ask for things that will lead to us getting nerfed.

If you ask for vendors that give out blue gear, you reduce the necessity for pve content. That is bad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
First blue space quest reward is on from hromi patrol (lt cmd 2), and its engines...if you talk about blues from fleet actions, only the first person from 20 gets it...
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
We need to be patient, is what we need.

We have exploration content coming. In the mean time, don't ask for things that will lead to us getting nerfed.

If you ask for vendors that give out blue gear, you reduce the necessity for pve content. That is bad.
i agree. a lot of people are saying the PvP imbalance has swung back to being in the Klingons favor, so, who knows how Cryptic's gonna take that feedback....

and yes, it's a shame, but we can't ask for better gear b/c it will undoubtedly lead to ships getting nerfed and we'll be back at square one.

leave crappy enough alone? i guess? i know its suppose to be 'leave well enough alone', but...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah my level 7 Fed toon is already way better geared out than my Klingon tier 1 guy who is one level higher.

But if they gave Klingons the opportunity for getting blue drops the flood of tears would wash away their servers ...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 02:23 PM
my gods, the game isn't about gear, 2k shields more isn't going to help when your focus fired on period, you will still melt.

If you want a klingon fleet action GO FARM it, have fun though, while it is easy to farm, and may have more stages than the feds, it really aint worth it. If your already 20, take a break , go for a walk, sleep some etc. OR GET OUT OF KAHLESS you nub, go to azure.