Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
When in Rome do as the Romans... I think the effort should be worth the reward. However I do not think the devs are going to make any drastic changes for the players benefit while there is only one semi complete faction in the game and the only other faction barely meets 20% of the worth. Just find the fun where you can, because in the end that's what it's all about.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
I could accept 25kills max but as is I just avoided ground after the change and will continue to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:58 AM
When in Rome do as the Romans... I think the effort should be worth the reward. However I do not think the devs are going to make any drastic changes for the players benefit while there is only one semi complete faction in the game and the only other faction barely meets 20% of the worth. Just find the fun where you can, because in the end that's what it's all about.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
I have to agree. 40 feels very excessive. Not only that but rewards for winning seem to have been cut but 66-75% of what they were before the change. So it's turned into get 2.5x the amount of kills for 24-33% of the reward.
unacceptable....
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:22 AM
LoL I just want them to fix the kit vendor in Ganalda

40 kills, sure it's too much, but every 3 games you get a quest that gives you +153 SP, I mean hell, I made it to 2 bars before 11 today on my klink and that's cause I waited out for over 2 hours for my brothers to catch up!

So yeah, 40 kills is too much for the sole reason that the Queueing system is not top notch, considering sometimes I started games where we were 5 klinks.... and waited over 7-8 minutes for ONE fed to show up and leave after a kill or two

If we would get full teams from the get go, and they would start the disabled timer RIGHT as the game ended, it would make the games perfectly fine for leveling even with 40 kills.

Asides from that I am having a BLAST in ground pvp lol

P.S. fix. the. kit. vendor. in. GANALDA!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:25 AM
I fully intended to play STO all night last night. I only made it to lvl 7 on my Klingon before i got bored and went to bed. I had fully expected this to have been changed for release, along with all the other little bugs Klingons have. But no, not only do they make the ground PvP so tedious that most won't stick with the faction, they can't even fix the damn Kit vendor.

All the crap that they're doing, or not doing, is acceptable in a beta, but we're no longer in beta this is live for crying out loud.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
I fully intended to play STO all night last night. I only made it to lvl 7 on my Klingon before i got bored and went to bed. I had fully expected this to have been changed for release, along with all the other little bugs Klingons have. But no, not only do they make the ground PvP so tedious that most won't stick with the faction, they can't even fix the damn Kit vendor.

All the crap that they're doing, or not doing, is acceptable in a beta, but we're no longer in beta this is live for crying out loud.
Well technically no it's not live... it's a headstart, a pre-launch, so it's like beta but were paying for it.

Still, I would have liked to have at least the Ganalda kit vendor (a MAJOR part of Klingon gameplay... I mean it's our skills god damnit) to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 03:36 AM
I am hoping this new patch fixes this.

The way I see it, needs to be 20-30 kills or

More XP per match.

You can even go back to the 15 kills match and adjust XP gain. I personally loved jumping into match after fast-paced match. Was pretty exciting for me, even though the XP was a tad on the heavy side.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Yeah...it took me 3 days to make admiral in OB now its gonna be like 6.WRONG ! xD
No, really, whats the rush ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
The problem isnt the 40 kills. its when the system starts the maps without full teams or creates uneven teams. With full teams it goes realy fast. LOL. Unless they add some silly death penalty which adds a time sink to it.

What we should really be asking is for the queue to not start maps unless there is a minimum number on both sides.
Those 2 problems are actually connected. 40 kill maps take longer so waiting for a spot in a map also takes longer. Your only chance to cut that down is to apply to all 3 maps you're permitted to.
Now as soon as you'll join a map you will by default let time out the other Qs and that means you keep someone else on another map from joining your team for the 60 seconds that the Q reserved for you.

Make the maps 20 kills, get the fun back and make the kills actually *count* so people stop zerging. Thus speeding up the Qs, thus making it less likely people apply to all those maps instead of playing their favourite, which again means that there are less people stopped from playing the map until someone elses Q is timed out.