Career Officer
# 1 Aceton Assimilator OP
04-10-2014, 04:45 AM
Okay it has been quite some time that the Klinks have been shoving this OP monstrosity down our throats. It used to be that it worked aginst energy weapons. Now it clears everything destructible torps included within its range. Why is that? There is no Fed equivilent.

Why not take something as simple as the Ferengi Missile launcher and give it the punch necessary to destroy these assimilators at say a 12Km range?

The Klingons have access to all fed technology and consoles.... why isn't it the other way around?
Captain
# 2
04-10-2014, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
The Klingons have access to all fed technology and consoles.... why isn't it the other way around?
Technically, this is a PvP subject....I think.

Anyways, it's not that accurate to say that the KDF has access to all Fed consoles. The Tachyon Detection Field is a very important exception.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Captain
# 3
04-10-2014, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
Okay it has been quite some time that the Klinks have been shoving this OP monstrosity down our throats. It used to be that it worked aginst energy weapons. Now it clears everything destructible torps included within its range. Why is that? There is no Fed equivilent.

Why not take something as simple as the Ferengi Missile launcher and give it the punch necessary to destroy these assimilators at say a 12Km range?

There's no KDF equivilant to half of your ships. Get over it
Empire Veteran
# 4
04-10-2014, 05:14 AM
don't shoot it, problem solved,

oh wait ma faw :'(
The Evil Queen - Tac - Hobo
John May Lives - Sci - Hobo
Captain
# 5
04-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyds View Post
don't shoot it, problem solved,

oh wait ma faw :'(
Exactly. Learn to counterattack it.
Empire Veteran
# 6
04-10-2014, 05:21 AM
Maybe if people would stop facerolling the space bar with FAW they might beat these things for once.

One or two torps will take them out easily.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-10-2014, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Maybe if people would stop facerolling the space bar with FAW they might beat these things for once.

One or two torps will take them out easily.
Seriously, it's actually sad to see how many people haven't figured this out yet, after so many years.
I still get teams that relentlessly try to beam the acteon to death.....tsk...tsk...tsk
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-10-2014, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Seriously, it's actually sad to see how many people haven't figured this out yet, after so many years.
I still get teams that relentlessly try to beam the acteon to death.....tsk...tsk...tsk
Ikr? Though it is rather fun to watch them at it, I let them know what it is that they're doing wrong in chat.

It really is horrific just how many people don't know how to handle an aceton..
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes
Career Officer
# 9
04-10-2014, 06:56 AM
With my level of power insulators, I ignore them until I get out of their range.

I don't even care if I FAW them, it's not like I'm going to hang around and let it do very much...
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
# 10
04-10-2014, 07:03 AM
They are OP but mostly just poorly designed. They do too much: drains and damage and immunity to energy weapons[!]. They stay around after the owner dies. They stack N deep if everybody on the opposing team has them. Really there's just no other drain ability that comes anywhere close to their functionality. Its no wonder they are abused so heavily, they are the definitive crutch console.