Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 What happened to my beam out?
01-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Somehow, between the end of Open Beta and today's launch, my Badge stopped functioning.

No longer do I tap it to beam out. I click some invisible device on my wrist ala Champions. All of my bridge officers do the same.

My friends claim to not have the issue. What happened? :'(
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
Somehow, between the end of Open Beta and today's launch, my Badge stopped functioning.

No longer do I tap it to beam out. I click some invisible device on my wrist ala Champions. All of my bridge officers do the same.

My friends claim to not have the issue. What happened? :'(
Liberated Borg or custom alien? If so, you count as an "alien" and tap your wrist. The other premade races seem to all (iirc) tap their badges. If you're not a LB or *alien*, then I have no idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Liberated Borg or custom alien? If so, you count as an "alien" and tap your wrist. The other premade races seem to all (iirc) tap their badges. If you're not a LB or *alien*, then I have no idea.
Liberated Borg. Raaaaage. A starfleet officer is a starfleet officer. Why should race matter?

Cryptic, I demand you make Starfleet less racist!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
Liberated Borg. Raaaaage. A starfleet officer is a starfleet officer. Why should race matter?

Cryptic, I demand you make Starfleet less racist!
They built your comm badge into your arm so it couldn't be pulled from your uniform, thereby trapping you where ever. You're a valuable piece of technology the Federation doesn't want getting into enemy hands! think of all the other poor Starfleet shlubs who can get stuck when the Klingon Bat'leths rip into their poor exposed comm badges..

I guess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
They built your comm badge into your arm so it couldn't be pulled from your uniform, thereby trapping you where ever. You're a valuable piece of technology the Federation doesn't want getting into enemy hands! think of all the other poor Starfleet shlubs who can get stuck when the Klingon Bat'leths rip into their poor exposed comm badges..

I guess.
I call retardation on their part. I have a badge, I should use it!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:13 AM
The wrist animation is for the Klingons, so it would seem that it has been applied to Liberated Borg Federation characters as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
The wrist animation is for the Klingons, so it would seem that it has been applied to Liberated Borg Federation characters as well.
Ahh, that would explain things, because you can have custom aliens on the Klingon side. Question is, since I'm not high enough yet, do Klingons have LIberated Borg available to them as well? If so, it seems that the animation is per race, not per faction. I'd think that would count as a bug and at that point, I think its worth reporting as that animation should be a 'switch' on the server end for the character, just like costume options during creation, ship classes, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 12:38 AM
Yes they do, so it's possible that the animation is shared at present.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
Yes they do, so it's possible that the animation is shared at present.
Right... Only spent half a day klingon side during CB. Forgot they had magical armbands. Shared animations are so not okay in this instance, though. It kills half the experience!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 AM.