Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Server down...
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Looks like OB server issues are still major issues.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonphase View Post
Looks like OB server issues are still major issues.

don't know if they are doing this because in america it is in the morning and they are doing updates or because the server has crashed... still realy anoying i wanna play
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Sucks when servers go down here to man.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Primetime EU and they have closed it 2 times now.. first time came up 20min later... this one seems to have killed the server.. wonder what they maintaine atm for this one
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5 lol
01-30-2010, 12:33 PM
its down there fixing it:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nintendstroid View Post
don't know if they are doing this because in america it is in the morning and they are doing updates or because the server has crashed... still realy anoying i wanna play
lol, this isn't morning in the US... It's 3 PM EST (That's east coast US), and Noon for the guys on the west coast (which includes Cryptic). It's awfully funny the message they have up is for this morning...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 12:42 PM
So whats server is down for 2 hours? Until 5 PM EST? Or there was another downtime this morning?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8 The Value of Case Studies
01-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Reviewing the case studies of successful MMOs should have prevented this issue. Here we are, those who pre-ordered, waiting. How do we get that time back? Pre-order was also to provide us some priviledge over those who waiting until the official start time. Giving us time to advance before the start date. As it looks right now, it is not a simple reboot. Might as well shut it down until the official release date. First impression are everything. This weekend should have gone without a hitch concerning having the numbers from the closed and open betas. Looking how successful MMOs avoided this type of issue. Come on guys, get it together. I know you don't want to happen to STO as what is happen to WOW and ****. You took years to get the software ready, how much time planning server capacity and reliability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
So whats server is down for 2 hours? Until 5 PM EST? Or there was another downtime this morning?
Went done about 3pm est as far as I know that's the only time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prey4me
Reviewing the case studies of successful MMOs should have prevented this issue. Here we are, those who pre-ordered, waiting. How do we get that time back? Pre-order was also to provide us some priviledge over those who waiting until the official start time. Giving us time to advance before the start date. As it looks right now, it is not a simple reboot. Might as well shut it down until the official release date. First impression are everything. This weekend should have gone without a hitch concerning having the numbers from the closed and open betas. Looking how successful MMOs avoided this type of issue. Come on guys, get it together. I know you don't want to happen to STO as what is happen to WOW and ****. You took years to get the software ready, how much time planning server capacity and reliability.
You can never find all of the bugs in beta, just not possible. Ive been in several betas and this is nothing abnormal. with all of the people that have logged in the last 2 days, there are bound to be new problems. I want STO to be like WoW, as in as popular and **** is doing very well also. just relax and don't worry, believe me they are scrambling to get the servers going again. it will be up and going again soon.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.