Captain
# 1 Klingon Bladed weapons
10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Well probably been asked for and I have no patience to go wading through for the threads so I'll restart this one.

Why the hell are there not more bladed weapons for klingons? I mean in the Klingon Missions where you see Worf Fight he's weilding a Mek'leth. Why can't we own one? Or the traditional D'k tahg knife that is a Klingon's honor?

Where the hell are they and why don't we have them in game?
Career Officer
# 2
10-28-2013, 11:09 AM
As someone who's been here since headstart...I can only conclude because they're Klingon items.
Commander
# 3
10-28-2013, 11:21 AM
To me, this files under P for "pick your battles." Before we worry about getting mek'leths, I'd settle for getting the blankety-blanking Negh'var refit they've been vaporwaring us with for most of this year...

Gen
Career Officer
# 4
10-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
To me, this files under P for "pick your battles." Before we worry about getting mek'leths, I'd settle for getting the blankety-blanking Negh'var refit they've been vaporwaring us with for most of this year...

Gen
Well, the big difference is that the bladed weapons are already implemented in the game and functioning while the Negh'var is in a state of limbo somehwere.
So which battle actually makes more sense?
Captain
# 5
10-28-2013, 11:38 AM
The Mek'leth could be easily included. Use the one handed sword mechanics(Tsunkante Falchion and Nausicaan Telgor Sword), and apply the mek'leth graphic instead. Simple.
Commander
# 6
10-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Man, I'd love to be wrong, but I'm at a place where I think what we'll actually get is a sack full of nothing, tied to the back or a rabid targ.

It must be hard work ignoring this much pent-up demand... :-/

Gen
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well, the big difference is that the bladed weapons are already implemented in the game and functioning while the Negh'var is in a state of limbo somehwere.
So which battle actually makes more sense?
They have very little modeling to do if any as there are two Negh'vars in the game as well. Same goes for a lot of stuff that they could add to the players to be honest like the long coats that only NPCs seem to have.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
# 8
10-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah they have a strong hatred for klingons when the conquerors have inferior offensive technology to an organization dedicated to peace and exploration.
Captain
# 9
10-28-2013, 06:07 PM
If they use the same moves as the sword. I can see them being used. It would be nice if they did the Jem'Hadar kar'takin as well. I love using melee weapons on my Klingon.

The main thing is the game is lacking in the melee graphics/motions part. It would be nice if they fixed this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
10-28-2013, 06:13 PM
IMHO I would like more melee weapons in general. There is what 4 melee weapons in the game that the player can use? I do not think that they will put in more melee weapons for the simple fact that it makes killing the borg on the ground too easy.