Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
01-30-2010, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaev
Don't know how to transfer items other then the through your fleet bank if your in a fleet., i haven't found the in game mailing system yet. As for transferring Bridge officers I know at some point you will be able to sell them back if they are BOE to the BO sales people on the various starbases. Maybe if that is activated you can drag them in your inventory or fleet bank.
If you go the bank terminals at the Starbase there are some smaller terminals that let you send and receive items through the mail.

I don't recall other locations but I think from beta most mail terminals were near either an exchange or banking terminal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
01-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need 2 accounts to transfer CREDITS, correct. You can mail items to yourself, but I can't find a way to mail or store credits.

So since I am waiting for my Joined Trill character next week and farming some stuff on my current character, the only way to trade credits from my current character to my Joined Trill next week is to do it through a 3rd party? Correct?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfendt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need 2 accounts to transfer CREDITS, correct. You can mail items to yourself, but I can't find a way to mail or store credits.

So since I am waiting for my Joined Trill character next week and farming some stuff on my current character, the only way to trade credits from my current character to my Joined Trill next week is to do it through a 3rd party? Correct?
You can not transfer credits. You could buy a trash item for a large amount of credits from a trusted friend, then have them buy a trash item for the same amount from your second character thus transferring the amount from your first to second, but it needs someone who'd adult enough not to steal from you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
01-30-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm guessing that a fleet bank doesn't allow credit storage either...

So much for a farm account :p I guess some items transferred is better than nothing.

Anyway, having fun till Tuesday when I get to start from scratch again
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
01-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfendt View Post
I'm guessing that a fleet bank doesn't allow credit storage either...

So much for a farm account :p I guess some items transferred is better than nothing.

Anyway, having fun till Tuesday when I get to start from scratch again
I'm 44 and quite grown up ( mostly ) and I do very well at making my own credits so if you'd like to find me in game next week I'd be happy to help you transfer some credits. It's the least I can do if it quietens down some of the 'joined trill' bawling
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
01-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfendt View Post
I'm guessing that a fleet bank doesn't allow credit storage either...

So much for a farm account :p I guess some items transferred is better than nothing.

Anyway, having fun till Tuesday when I get to start from scratch again
You could use the exchange. Have your Trill put some worthless item up for however many credits you want to transfer, and then have your alt buy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
01-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
I'm 44 and quite grown up ( mostly ) and I do very well at making my own credits so if you'd like to find me in game next week I'd be happy to help you transfer some credits. It's the least I can do if it quietens down some of the 'joined trill' bawling
Na, not bawling, didn't mean to sound that way I understood from the beginning that it wouldn't be available and I am fine with it, not sure why so many are having a hard time figuring out the simplest of things. I'm a slow mover anyway and will be lucky to hit 11 by Tuesday. It's all about the fun.

Thanks for the offer, I really do appreciate it, but I'll just buy some ship and BO upgrades and trade them. That will wipe out the credits.

I'm a little older than you, it's nice to see this generation here :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
01-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
You could use the exchange. Have your Trill put some worthless item up for however many credits you want to transfer, and then have your alt buy it.

I considered that but would be very surprised if you can buy your own items from the exchange, even over different characters. You can't in any other game using an auction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
01-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleRomulus View Post
You could use the exchange. Have your Trill put some worthless item up for however many credits you want to transfer, and then have your alt buy it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
I considered that but would be very surprised if you can buy your own items from the exchange, even over different characters. You can't in any other game using an auction.
It works, just tried it with a small power cell. Put it on exchange for 10X it's value and I was able to log into 2nd character and purchase it. Logged back into first character and the credits were added to my account.

So this will work for a way to xfer credits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
01-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfendt View Post
It works, just tried it with a small power cell. Put it on exchange for 10X it's value and I was able to log into 2nd character and purchase it. Logged back into first character and the credits were added to my account.

So this will work for a way to xfer credits.
Perfect. An exploit that may have been overlooked. But much safer and easier than relying on strangers to complete the same exploit.

Good find.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 PM.