Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
Joined trill get five traits? News to me. Link please
They do not get five traits, though their bonus trait gives a total of +20 to LT skills. The other space traits that boost LT skills only give +10 each, so technically you could say they get a 5th trait 'worth' of.. 'boost'.

Which is why they are the superior race.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Val
I noticed that too, there's no bonus whatsoever...
You do get +5. +5 to the efficiency stats. Which effect power transfer abilities such as emergency power to shields.

Now, the efficiency stats come from commander ranked engineering skills, there is one for each efficiency stat, maxing them gives 52 to that efficiency stat.

Therefore the efficient trait is about a ~10% boost to your potential efficiency stat.

Some people say that the efficiency stats raise power levels slightly, im not certain if they do or dont. If they do i doubt 5 would be enough to raise anything.

Also, from my tests with other traits, it seems like your trait 'bonus' does not show up untill you invest at least 1 point in the skill that also raises that stat.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 01:55 AM
If you ask me, given how much money people paid for Liberated Borg, they should've came with one more attribute.

Since they are regarded as Human, perhaps they should've also gotten the Human Leadership or Repair bonuses as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainTate View Post
Joined trill get five traits? News to me. Link please
Regular Trill get 4, the Joined get 1 extra.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
If you ask me, given how much money people paid for Liberated Borg, they should've came with one more attribute.
They payed for the lifetime subscription, the borg was a bonus

Quote:
Regular Trill get 4, the Joined get 1 extra.
This was never stated anywhere by anyone officially, someone misread the '5 attribute' bonus of the joined trait as 5 traits or somesuch.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
They payed for the lifetime subscription, the borg was a bonus
You're arguing symantics. It was supposed to be a bonus for those who shelled out $240, at least they could've gotten a better bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfugue
This was never stated anywhere by anyone officially, someone misread the '5 attribute' bonus of the joined trait as 5 traits or somesuch.
You shouldn't make assumptions since you are new to the board. The Devs revealed Joined Trill gets an extra attribute couple of months ago, right when the DDE was revealed. Trill currently get 4 attributes, the Joined gets an extra.

So do your research, bud.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You're arguing symantics. It was supposed to be a bonus for those who shelled out $240, at least they could've gotten a better bonus.

You shouldn't make assumptions since you are new to the board. The Devs revealed Joined Trill gets an extra attribute couple of months ago, right when the DDE was revealed. Trill currently get 4 attributes, the Joined gets an extra.

So do your research, bud.
I have done my research, considering i have been expecting to play a joined trill for the last three weeks.

Nowhere did they say it gets a 5th trait, people assumed it due to the wording (the word attribute, the joined trait gives a bonus to 5 attributes, people mistook that to mean that joined trills get 5 traits). Believe me i would be happy if they did! But nothing i found suggests they do.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Still, its a little funny how many liberated borg are in Starfleet. I popped into Spacedock following the tutorial and was surrounded by borg. (I was one too).
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Still, its a little funny how many liberated borg are in Starfleet. I popped into Spacedock following the tutorial and was surrounded by borg. (I was one too).
Well there is currently a readily available supply of fresh borg to liberate. Liberating them then sending them back to the front lines this time on your side seems like an efficient way to do business with out many real casualties.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
I'm saddened by this. I honestly thought they would get their own trait (like "Logicial" for Vulcans). I had kinda of planned on stacking a "Borg Trait" plus Efficient to make them extra badass in space. They're Borg, okay. They should be extra badass in space.

So all I get is the Borg Nanites...? Its alright, but still pretty meh for $250.

I'm sorry Cryptic. Please note that this is my first and only criticism of your awesomeness. I bought Lifetime with Champions and got a gaggle of awesome stuff. I buy a lifetime with STO and all I get is a some "Borg Headgear" and a small boost to my personal shield? Sadly I must admit that I'm disappointed in you.
I actually envy you. No other pre-made race I found had "efficient" available, and I still think its one of the best traits. I actually only created an "alien" race, forever running around with an "unknown", so I could get it...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
[quote=Azurian;1771343]You're arguing symantics. It was supposed to be a bonus for those who shelled out $240, at least they could've gotten a better bonus.

So do your research, bud.[/
QUOTE]

Thought this part was amusing. The devs revealed no such thing.