Lt. Commander
# 31
01-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You're arguing symantics. It was supposed to be a bonus for those who shelled out $240, at least they could've gotten a better bonus.
It's not semantics. It's entire point of subscription type/pre-order rewards. They are nice little extras that are different, but give little to no measurable gameplay advantage over those who do not have them. The Liberated Borg were never intended to be "better" than other races that can be chosen or created, just different.

The hefty price tag is paying for getting to play the game as long as you want with no more bills. Period. You are not entitled to a race that has an advantage over any other.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
The hefty price tag is paying for getting to play the game as long as you want with no more bills. Period. You are not entitled to a race that has an advantage over any other.
I didn't want to have a race that was better than all races. I just wanted a small bonus that might stack with other bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huutini View Post
I actually envy you. No other pre-made race I found had "efficient" available, and I still think its one of the best traits. I actually only created an "alien" race, forever running around with an "unknown", so I could get it...
Bolians have access to Efficient.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
I didn't want to have a race that was better than all races. I just wanted a small bonus that might stack with other bonuses.
Borg do have small bonuses (10% to regen and +5 to a bunch of skills), and they stack just as much as any other species trait does. Just like every other race.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloPhi
I'm saddened by this. I honestly thought they would get their own trait (like "Logicial" for Vulcans). I had kinda of planned on stacking a "Borg Trait" plus Efficient to make them extra badass in space. They're Borg, okay. They should be extra badass in space.

So all I get is the Borg Nanites...? Its alright, but still pretty meh for $250.

I'm sorry Cryptic. Please note that this is my first and only criticism of your awesomeness. I bought Lifetime with Champions and got a gaggle of awesome stuff. I buy a lifetime with STO and all I get is a some "Borg Headgear" and a small boost to my personal shield? Sadly I must admit that I'm disappointed in you.
um you get 2 automatic traits for being borg but you can also pick 2 more which would give you 4 traits
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Point is though ALL the race options need to be roughly equivalent to each other. If they had one race which gave a obvious advantage over the others then a great many would call foul.

The main factor of getting the Borg is the special visuals you get with it. Plus it has the nanites (very nice) and the option of the Borg gun. The balancing act has to be carful met though. if for example you manged to get both efficient and a special Borg efficiency boost. The Borg would have a genuine hands down advantage over all the other races. (I mean 5% boost is good but 10% and your talking serious advantages especially at higher levels).

Gadareth
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
You shouldn't make assumptions since you are new to the board. The Devs revealed Joined Trill gets an extra attribute couple of months ago, right when the DDE was revealed. Trill currently get 4 attributes, the Joined gets an extra.

I believe by "extra" they mean you get to choose the trait from the list of others.

It only means you get the standard TRILL (choose 2 more traits) and they added another one to choose from in that list.

Get it? Extra Traits (to choose from).

This means they only have 4 total traits not 5.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frak View Post
Bolians have access to Efficient.
Right. Now I remember. I denied myself of being an uncool Bolian...