Lieutenant
# 11
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Systems Designer Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski shares details about the upcoming, new and improved Dyson Joint Command Reputation in this entry of the Season 8 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
Because the stuff that drops from the Dyson Equipment Requisition Box isn't able to be sold for credits, what can I do from stopping it from clogging up my inventory? I certainly want to open them for the tiny chance at cybernetic implants. I do not want a bunch of useless junk clogging up my inventory for the chance.
The items can still be "discarded" VIA the replicator, but they will just show 0 for the EC sell value.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
10-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Will the Voth Reputation come with missions in a similiar fashion to the Romulan Rep?

Will the voth Armour come with a costume unlock? (Like the Maco etc.)

Last edited by thay8472; 10-28-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 13
10-28-2013, 12:29 PM
My question on the sponsor ships token is this...

Okay say I do 100 marks on one of my mains which say the romulan or nukara for example will require more than 1 qued mission to accomplish(on the romulan mark missions) so if I am reading this right will I have to 2 or more missions for the token and then 1 or 2 more missions to complete a project on an alt making it 2x-3x more effort on alt per day?

Or... is it saying if I have a main of each class and cycle thru them in missions getting the token that all my alts need to do is take a token and drop it in a project and then its filled?
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
10-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Voth Ground suits = Ben 10 XLR8.

Sponsorship:

Is nice for those people who yet to finish reputations on their alts. But it's very costly since it costs 100 marks, per character, to get that discount. So in hindsight, it's not helpful at all.

And this new reputation system doesn't help those who have multiple characters who have to grind out new reputations from the beginning (which is this Dyson Reputation). This is what the players wanted Cryptic to change, not having to wait 2 months to finish one rep on one character, grind to get the discount on other characters, then start another 2 month grind. That is not fun!

Atmospheric Flight

Also, would've been great if that Atmospheric Flight from the new Fleet Holding moves to the Reputation since it fits better since players, since it wont penalize them for being in a small fleet or choosing to be fleetless.

Last edited by azurianstar; 10-28-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Rihannsu
# 15
10-28-2013, 12:34 PM
One more reputation system to ignore.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Empire Veteran
# 16
10-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Voth Ground suits = Ben 10 XLR8.

Sponsorship:

Is nice for those people who yet to finish reputations on their alts. But it's very costly since it costs 100 marks, per character, to get that discount. So in hindsight, it's not helpful at all.

And this new reputation system doesn't help those who have multiple characters who have to grind out new reputations from the beginning (which is this Dyson Reputation). This is what the players wanted Cryptic to change, not having to wait 2 months to finish one rep on one character, grind to get the discount on other characters, then start another 2 month grind. That is not fun!
That is how I am looking at it... Instead of 2 months what it sounds like is that every single character who is not tier 5 you will be doing 2 or more times the grind just to get a bonus which is not what we asked for at all its just more of a grind than less of a grind.

Edit: So basically what this boils down to is about 4x more grind just to get each character done with 1 rep 1 month sooner.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 10-28-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Captain
# 17
10-28-2013, 12:51 PM
how can it be "new and improved"?

if its new theres nothing that was improved upon.

if it was something that was improved then its not new....

-_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Republic Veteran
# 18
10-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Ok just got off the phone with Bran-flakes and he's assured me that they are going to create that magic "instant rep T-5 token" project you all want. Simply log in, click the the token and all the reps on ALL your alts will be set to T-5.

The above is pure wishful thinking... but I'm sure even IF THEY DID THIS people would still complain up a storm. "You mean I still have to click it? That's not fair! I click enough things during the day why do I have to click this?!"
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Career Officer
# 19 I see PWE really don't care
10-28-2013, 12:55 PM
Great another stupid rep system. That only will chop up my guys abilities and hand them back peace-meal to them with some useless bull$#@! attache to it for a huge cost of time and Dillf with noting worth a dam in it . Yhea, I love wasting time with rep systems. Beats just playing for tokes and handing them in for stuff just once.
Career Officer
# 20
10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmd10 View Post
The items can still be "discarded" VIA the replicator, but they will just show 0 for the EC sell value.
I know they can, but for 0 ec there's no point having them in my inventory in the first place. It's a waste of clicks.
----