Captain
# 21
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
That is how I am looking at it... Instead of 2 months what it sounds like is that every single character who is not tier 5 you will be doing 2 or more times the grind just to get a bonus which is not what we asked for at all its just more of a grind than less of a grind.

Edit: So basically what this boils down to is about 4x more grind just to get each character done with 1 rep 1 month sooner.
It's only 100 marks per character.

Considering the fact that you need to grind up A LOT more than that before you can even worry about getting the token - or while getting set gear - I really don't understand what you're complaining about.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Empire Veteran
# 22
10-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Ok just got off the phone with Bran-flakes and he's assured me that they are going to create that magic "instant rep T-5 token" project you all want. Simply log in, click the the token and all the reps on ALL your alts will be set to T-5.

The above is pure wishful thinking... but I'm sure even IF THEY DID THIS people would still complain up a storm. "You mean I still have to click it? That's not fair! I click enough things during the day why do I have to click this?!"
I could understand your point but then do 20+ characters and your view point would drastically change
Career Officer
# 23
10-28-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty excited for all the rewards in this reputation.

From what I understand, the space set is still based on 2 and 3 piece set bonuses, but there are four pieces with the warp core, deflector, engines, and shield?

I hope that's how it's done, I've been thinking this is how you should add warp cores featuring the few missing modifier combinations to every 3 piece Deflector/Shield/Engine set. This way players are given a tactical choice as to whether they want to run two two-piece set bonuses or a 3 piece set bonus.

Understandably, 3 piece bonuses might need to be buffed to make them more desirable, but I think it would still be cool.
Career Officer
# 24
10-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
  • Reputation Store Unlocks no longer require a project to be unlocked. Instead, a new store will be unlocked automatically each time a Tier within the reputation is completed.
  • Completing projects that award reputation XP will immediately also grant a Dyson Equipment Requisition box. These boxes contain a random MK XII item that is normally only available from the stores mentioned above.
If that means what I assume it means (i.e. bog-standard Rep XP projects now have a chance to award store-unlocked gear) then that is ****ing awesome.

And no more "Store Unlock XYZ" projects? Even more awesome. Now if you could tone down the Dil price of the gear, that'd be grand
Iconian? A label created by the Dewans to give voice to their destruction.
In the end, what they chose to call us is irrelevant.
We simply... are.

Career Officer
# 25
10-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killdozer9211 View Post
I'm pretty excited for all the rewards in this reputation.

From what I understand, the space set is still based on 2 and 3 piece set bonuses, but there are four pieces with the warp core, deflector, engines, and shield?

I hope that's how it's done, I've been thinking this is how you should add warp cores featuring the few missing modifier combinations to every 3 piece Deflector/Shield/Engine set. This way players are given a tactical choice as to whether they want to run two two-piece set bonuses or a 3 piece set bonus.

Understandably, 3 piece bonuses might need to be buffed to make them more desirable, but I think it would still be cool.
The Dyson primary space set has 3 set bonuses; 1 each for equipping, 2, 3, and 4 items.
Commander
# 26
10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Voth Ground suits = Ben 10 XLR8.
Sponsorship:

Is nice for those people who yet to finish reputations on their alts. But it's very costly since it costs 100 marks, per character, to get that discount. So in hindsight, it's not helpful at all.
It's 100 marks per character per reputation for the sponsored characters. I have 3 characters, one of which has T3 in all 3 current reps, one T3-4 in everything, and one at T1 -2 reps.
I easily got the Omega marks doing a couple of ESTFs plus a couple of sector Borg beat downs.
For the Rom marks, I farmed an Epohh.
Nakura marks would probably be harder for most, but I have a bunch left over from the Crystal Catastrophe event.
For me, at least, this looks to be a major win under the existing rep system, cutting my time needed to get tier 5 down by weeks.

I see it as a bit of a grind for my best equipped character, to make life a lot easier for my least equipped characters.
Commander
# 27
10-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
The Dyson Joint Command Reputation has been revamped with player feedback in mind
That was my favorite part of the blog entry.

Anyway...

I love the sponsorship option. That is a great idea. Well done Cryptic. Well done. I must say that you have done good work on improving the rep system, and it will seem less like a grind, as it will require less time to do it again for other toons. The only way this could be better, is if there was also a token to half the time needed. However, what you guys currently have is great, and I am very excited about it.

I read the blog, and I am a bit concerned about possible changes that might come to the Nukara, Omega, and Romulan (NOR) reps in the future. I would personally feel more comfortable if Cryptic left the NOR reps alone, and just let them be, as is, for the rest of time. Personally, collecting commodities, regenerators, and consumables is not THAT big of a deal for me to demand that it be changed (if that is what may change). Any new methods of collecting rep XP should be limited to The Dyson rep, and any future reps that will be coming down the pike in the future. Hope that makes sense.

Either way, I am looking forward to Season 8. Thanks.
Career Officer
# 28
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
That was my favorite part of the blog entry.

Anyway...

I love the sponsorship option. That is a great idea. Well done Cryptic. Well done. I must say that you have done good work on improving the rep system, and it will seem less like a grind, as it will require less time to do it again for other toons. The only way this could be better, is if there was also a token to half the time needed. However, what you guys currently have is great, and I am very excited about it.

I read the blog, and I am a bit concerned about possible changes that might come to the Nukara, Omega, and Romulan (NOR) reps in the future. I would personally feel more comfortable if Cryptic left the NOR reps alone, and just let them be, as is, for the rest of time. Personally, collecting commodities, regenerators, and consumables is not THAT big of a deal for me to demand that it be changed (if that is what may change). Any new methods of collecting rep XP should be limited to The Dyson rep, and any future reps that will be coming down the pike in the future. Hope that makes sense.

Either way, I am looking forward to Season 8. Thanks.
The junk NOR reps requires is a big deal. It either wastes bank space or time as you do it daily (or bi-daily, or whatever).

Also, the low static costs (that is, they dont increase per tier) of the Dyson Rep are awesome.
Career Officer
# 29
10-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Do Dyson Equipment Requisition Boxes contain set items?

No. These boxes only contain items found in the stores automatically unlocked at each tier.
Now this bit really gives me a sad face
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Empire Veteran
# 30
10-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
It's only 100 marks per character.

Considering the fact that you need to grind up A LOT more than that before you can even worry about getting the token - or while getting set gear - I really don't understand what you're complaining about.
I'll put it this way there are so many grinds to do that alts take a back seat when you are dealing with dilithium, fleet marks, and then a new rep every 6 months. In most cases though the rep gear isn't what I want out of it mainly just the passives.

I can see your point if you are a player who only plays a few characters than I could agree with you but for someone more heavily invested there just isn't enough time to do everything that needs to be done and get reputations done on every character.