Lt. Commander
Considering in the course of the game you're bound to wind up with at least 1 BOff of each type, and these skills better both sets of skills for your away team, is it generally a good idea to get all 3 of these up to rank 9? Or is it a better idea to focus on just one or two?

Also, does it only affect your away team or would it affect yourself? (i.e. Engineering Team Leader for Engineer Captain)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
three of them would be a waste IMO because they all share the same cooldown which means you have to wait half the time of the recharge
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry what? ...Cooldown? I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.

I'm talking about the abilities "Engineering Team Leader", "Science Team Leader" and "Tactical Team Leader". Dunno what you're talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I think that it's worth it to get to level 4 or 5, since you get diminishing returns as it goes up. (ie; level 9 gives you 0.5+ points, level 1 gives you +12 points.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden_Magmus
I think that it's worth it to get to level 4 or 5, since you get diminishing returns as it goes up. (ie; level 9 gives you 0.5+ points, level 1 gives you +12 points.)
Oh you mean the more points you put into it the less you get, am I right?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatlock
I'm sorry what? ...Cooldown? I don't think we're talking about the same thing here.

I'm talking about the abilities "Engineering Team Leader", "Science Team Leader" and "Tactical Team Leader". Dunno what you're talking about.
oh I'm sorry i thought you meant in regard of the Team BO skills (like Science Team I, Engineering Team I etc) but as it turns out you meant the away teams when beaming down to a planet.

because skilling Engineering Team Leader will make the BO skill Engineering Team I more efficient and tactical team leader makes Tactical Team I more efficient etc. I was talking about them, sry for confusing you, it's my fault
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:36 AM
Depends on how you load-out your away teams. With the 4 slots you get, you can double up on one class type (assuming you went with 1 of each for the other 3 slots). In OB I ran with an extra engi, or an extra science dude, but ultimately used an extra tactical dude. So I'll have 2 tactical bos, 1 engi and 1 science for my away teams. I'm an engi myself, so I was largely responsible for the barriers and geenrators and turret drops, while the npc engi did stuff like weapon debuffs. The science guy used that AoE root (gravimetric shift?) to keep the primary target group locked down while the 2 tacticals chewed them up.

Consequently, I found it worthwhile to invest a little more in the tactical leader skills, since as a whole they'd benefit more with the two of them. Still, things usually go fast enough that you don't need to go full 9s in the ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 07:30 AM
I appreciate everyone's advice, thank you.