Lt. Commander
# 111
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBear
LOL u CLEARLY have no clue about an MMO release. Almost all MMOs when they are released go down EVERY NIGHT for about 1-3 weeks for updates, fixes and patches LOL

So far the server has only really crashed HARD.. and that's right now since launch... I can't say that about 90% of the other MMOs released.

So stop whining about scheduled maint or downtime. Expect them to take it down every night or every other night for a few weeks - deal with it.

3am to 5am IS NOT PEAK PLAYTIME LOLOLOL. It might be where YOU live.. but the servers are hosted in California, USA (GMT-8) and downtime is only scheduled around GMT-8 to GMT-5 times zones
you can't be 38, can you?
Lt. Commander
# 112
01-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Could we please have a POSTED schedule of SCHEDULED FUTURE down times in the LAUNCHER! This is getting tiresome. I don't think I should have to come to the fourms every day to find out when scheduled matince is going to take place. Call it what you will but I know there are others that will agree with me. It's not too much to ask.
Lt. Commander
# 113
01-30-2010, 01:51 PM
welp, time to go back to the XBox and put in some trigger time on CoD MW2 until Cryptic's server stops having an aneurysm.
Lt. Commander
# 114
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdom833 View Post
Saeliss, Why do you have to be an A$$! It was a simple request for cryptic to make things easier for them. Not to mention they even said "Please" which is respectful unlike you!
Amen to that my friend
Lt. Commander
# 115
01-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper
Could we please have a POSTED schedule of FUTURE down times in the LAUNCHER! This is getting tiresome. I don't think I should have to come to the fourms every day to find out when scheduled matince is going to take place. Call it what you will but I know there are others that will agree with me. It's not too much to ask.
I completely agree. I love the game, and it's been surprisingly stable considering everything, but at least for the scheduled downtime having some forewarning would be nice. Even if it is actually "emergency scheduling"
Lt. Commander
# 116
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derim
I completely agree. I love the game, and it's been surprisingly stable considering everything, but at least for the scheduled downtime having some forewarning would be nice. Even if it is actually "emergency scheduling"
That's a good point Derim, despite the downtime the game is superb and the only reason some of us are a little upset about the downtime is because we love the game so much...in game people are surprisingly supportive and respectful which is a complete paradox to the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 117
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper
Could we please have a POSTED schedule of SCHEDULED FUTURE down times in the LAUNCHER! This is getting tiresome. I don't think I should have to come to the fourms every day to find out when scheduled matince is going to take place. Call it what you will but I know there are others that will agree with me. It's not too much to ask.
They did. It was in the patcher last night with a scheduled downtime notice and they bcasted it in game.. what more do you want?

What's going on now is a CRASH, not planned, NOT expected. This thread is over 9 hrs old... and they haven't updated the server status page. LAst I checked it was the same as this thread 9 hrs old and that maint has come and past.
Lt. Commander
# 118
01-30-2010, 01:59 PM
this thread is over 9 hours OLD and the maint they were talking about was 9+ hrs ago.. if you want to see the post on what's happening NOW

GO HERE:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...31#post1782431
Lt. Commander
# 119
01-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
this thread is over 9 hours OLD and the maint they were talking about was 9+ hrs ago.. if you want to see the post on what's happening NOW

GO HERE:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...31#post1782431
Thanks for the link.
Lt. Commander
# 120
01-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
They did. It was in the patcher last night with a scheduled downtime notice and they bcasted it in game.. what more do you want?

What's going on now is a CRASH, not planned, NOT expected. This thread is over 9 hrs old... and they haven't updated the server status page. LAst I checked it was the same as this thread 9 hrs old and that maint has come and past.
WOW really? Thatís funny because I donít see any schedule at all in my launcher. You must have the golden digital supreme launcher that no one else got. Whatís that? It was posted last night? It's too bad I can't play the game 24/7 to see their notices that they take down before anyone else can see them.

What I want to see is an actual schedule thatís part of the launcher with all the future and past downtimes. Just because you saw a posting that no longer exists doesnít mean everyone else has.

I'm sorry, did I say anything about this emergency down time? "Looks up at his first post" Nope, I didnít think so.