Lt. Commander
# 301
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM
I see a T2 science ship in Starbase 24 yesterday...
Lt. Commander
# 302
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3llin4tor View Post
Much more of this and they will be dealing with a lawsuite I'd say, You cant release something and then fail to provide, Especially when ive sunk $420 NZD into it
well, technically, this isn't hte releaase yet. The Release date is Feb 2nd. And there won't be a lawsuit because they still provide a service. It doesn't state that there will be no interuptions of service. Read the fine print. Same thing with a cable company or satellite TV.

Doesn't take away the frustration we all feel.
Lt. Commander
# 303
01-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillledPrimal
The server going down isn't even related to the game at all, it's all to do with the new and complexes servers there running, hence the reason why a servers crash will take at least 2 hours to boot up with a Diagnostic tests to insure no corruption.
then they should use our pre-order $$ to buy some redunancy.
Lt. Commander
# 304
01-31-2010, 12:17 AM
yesterday from 7.00 to 12.00 my time played perfect.

then stupid maintence from 12.00 to 14.00 and from 14.00 to around 18.00 ran not bad

but 18.00 to 20.30 disconnects.. and very slow loading..

20.30 i stop playing as im frustrated with it... i go bed early hoping i get some early play and now i wake up around 8.00 Saying server down....

throw those server down when i work or sleep ... damnit wanne PLAY PLAY PLAY
Lt. Commander
# 305
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Yes true it's broken to a degree, but don't say they don't give a damn because they have been getting plenty of bugs out of the way. The server going down isn't even related to the game at all, it's all to do with the new and complexes servers there running, hence the reason why a servers crash will take at least 2 hours to boot up with a Diagnostic tests to insure no corruption.
Here I disagree. I think there are bugs within the code that cause the crashes. Serious bugs that make the stability null and void after about 6-8 hours of playtime. Even in open beta the servers didn't stay on for longer than 8 hours at a clip.

But we are all en****led to our opinions.

Edit: lol.. the forums censored ent_ittled
Lt. Commander
# 306
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
I would really appreciate being informed 30minutes before the server shuts down and the reason for it.

Edit: They should ask Gravity (Ragnarok Online) how to make heavy clustered MMO working smooth and without 1min loading screen between each zone :p
Lt. Commander
# 307
01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3llin4tor View Post
Much more of this and they will be dealing with a lawsuite I'd say, You cant release something and then fail to provide, Especially when ive sunk $420 NZD into it
Actually there is no way to sue them. Read the "Terms of Service." Nice try though. Everyone works great when they're threatened.
Lt. Commander
# 308
01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
I would really appreciate being informed 30minutes before the server shuts down and the reason for it.
As would we all.. but when the servers crash, it is unexpected and thus... no warning.
Lt. Commander
# 309
01-31-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Yes true it's broken to a degree, but don't say they don't give a damn because they have been getting plenty of bugs out of the way. The server going down isn't even related to the game at all, it's all to do with the new and complexes servers there running, hence the reason why a servers crash will take at least 2 hours to boot up with a Diagnostic tests to insure no corruption.
Yes but how many times does this have to occur? Shouldnt it have been addressed during the beta. We all payed good money for this and right now we are not getting what we payed for. If something like COD modern warfare on xbox or hardcopy came down this often would anyone return it? Yes. Problem is with this direct to drive and steam nonsense it is virtually impossible to say look I want my money back. Cryptic needed to address these issues before they released yet another half assed attempt at an mmo.

At this rate many people are getting fed up and angry, the lack of communication is appauling, Why dont they let us know whats going on, give us an eta etc.

As far as Im concerned defending cryptic is not an option. Its as if the servers were taken straight out of the box, no stress testing etc. This is what unfortunately is the downfull of many games lately game designers are getting lazy.
Lt. Commander
# 310
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
the funniest thing will be that restart server at 2:55am pst. 5 min after they put server down for schedule maintenance... the bad thing i see it in a couple of MMO...