Lt. Commander
# 311
01-31-2010, 12:21 AM
Just great, not only did I have to miss the ENTIRE second day of head start because of RL garbage, but now I can't log on for a couple hours before going to bed because the server is down for maintenance. I know the maintenance needs to be done, but this is really freaking frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 312
01-31-2010, 12:23 AM
cool... I just got home hoping for some STO and its downnnnnnnn .
Lt. Commander
# 313
I have a good feeling that it will be up really soon...or it could just be gas...I dunno...
Lt. Commander
# 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by LebowskyBob View Post
Just great, not only did I have to miss the ENTIRE second day of head start because of RL garbage, but now I can't log on for a couple hours before going to bed because the server is down for maintenance. I know the maintenance needs to be done, but this is really freaking frustrating.
Not maintenance.. but crashed... Maintenance will commence 5 minutes after they get the servers back up
Lt. Commander
# 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypricon View Post
But we are all en****led to our opinions.
hrmm.... now why would entitled need to be censored...
Lt. Commander
# 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypricon View Post
well, technically, this isn't hte releaase yet. The Release date is Feb 2nd. And there won't be a lawsuit because they still provide a service. It doesn't state that there will be no interuptions of service. Read the fine print. Same thing with a cable company or satellite TV.

Doesn't take away the frustration we all feel.

Yeah just read that, grrr. This is nonsense. I am not happy at all with cryptic, the lack
of communication thing is really grinding at me
Lt. Commander
# 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3llin4tor View Post
Yes but how many times does this have to occur? Shouldnt it have been addressed during the beta. We all payed good money for this and right now we are not getting what we payed for. If something like COD modern warfare on xbox or hardcopy came down this often would anyone return it? Yes. Problem is with this direct to drive and steam nonsense it is virtually impossible to say look I want my money back. Cryptic needed to address these issues before they released yet another half assed attempt at an mmo.

At this rate many people are getting fed up and angry, the lack of communication is appauling, Why dont they let us know whats going on, give us an eta etc.

As far as Im concerned defending cryptic is not an option. Its as if the servers were taken straight out of the box, no stress testing etc. This is what unfortunately is the downfull of many games lately game designers are getting lazy.
So true.... it's as if it never occured to them that there are a "bit" more StarTrek fans than CO players.
Lt. Commander
# 318
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gean
Actually there is no way to sue them. Read the "Terms of Service." Nice try though. Everyone works great when they're threatened.
Yeah, because everyone knows that ToS's/EULA's are 100% bulletproof and binding. They can never be contested, EVER!

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 319
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
So true.... it's as if it never occured to them that there are a "bit" more StarTrek fans than CO players.
I guess we know that the Devs are not smarter than a 5th grader huh.. cause even a 5th grader knows that Star Trek is bigger than ANYTHING!

Sheesh!

/sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 320
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, January 30th from 3:00AM PST to 5:00AM PST in order to perform maintenance, and apply a patch to further optimize server performance. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,

The Star Trek Online Team
um....its down now....ummm....ok, i get it pre and post extended maintenance