Lt. Commander
# 31 Time zones
01-30-2010, 03:44 AM
It is -8 GMT (3:00AM PST) or 6:00AM EST if your east coast like myself.

I recommend using something like Foxclocks add-on if you use Firefox for a browser. You can set that up to show you the server time (PST) and your local time pretty easy then just mouse over the button and know when it will be fast like that.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 03:44 AM
i dont care, gives me a chance to say hi to the kids and give the wife a kiss
:-)

btw ...
Wifey said "thanks Cryptic"..
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenixzor
Is it me or are you guys forgetting not only Americans play this game? But also a lot of europeans. First the headstart was in US time evening for us. Now you do maintenace on weekend morning? Maybe think a bit more of us europeans than only think of the Americans.

it's you

this is headstart...a launch of a new MMO.....

i am glad the server did not crash several times yesterday
i am glad if we get through the first weekend without a rollback.

for a mmo this was the smoothest 1st day i have ever seen

........or you can simply believe that it is all a plot against the European players......take your pick
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltera
Give EU-server, pleace. Bad time for europeans.
sure is hate playing whit PST times
Lt. Commander
# 35 Not Launch.
01-30-2010, 03:47 AM
This is not launch yet. it is a pre-launch (early start). if it was the launch we would all have our extras and no one would be complaining about Gamestop employees. and i agree with whoever said that if someone gave him/her the codes early they would use them.....DUH. so would i and everyone else. GET OVER IT ! as great as i think this game is, it is just that, A GAME. not like were connected to the matrix or anything. you wont die because you cant have your 100+ year old constitution class starship to fly around in.

Sorry. i was getting bored waiting for server to come back online. not complaining. i actually like to see it down for awhile, as long as we have an expected time for it to be up again. it means that the designers have been working on the bugs reported and they are fixing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanathon View Post
Any time is bad for someone.

This timeframe ist just fine, even for europeans, the schedlued maintenances can go in the same time segment in the future by my opinion.

Just not on the weekend.

But this is launch, problems were to be expected.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
23a10 is up and ready to be patched.
Roughly 120mb.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Aussies usually do get the shaft in the times for maint, we have sorta gotten used to it
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Does anyone know what Cryptic's maintenance policy is? I can't seem to find details of how much notice they will try to give, or if a weekly/daily downtime is to be expected.

Nev.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevvyn View Post
Does anyone know what Cryptic's maintenance policy is? I can't seem to find details of how much notice they will try to give, or if a weekly/daily downtime is to be expected.

Nev.
apparently the notice is only good for US customers, as this post was made at something silly like 6am uk time, think I will tell cryptic my phone number so they can ring me in future to inform me of these "scheduled" maintenance times before I actually log into the game after clearing a whole day to play.
Or I could always start getting up at 5am just to troll the forums waiting on the announcement 4 hours in advance of the maintenance
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 05:17 AM
10 gigs???? Thats not a patch... thats a new game.