Career Officer
# 11
10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
The changes to leadership BOFFS and the shield distribution DOFFS are probably why it feels less "tanky" since LOR launched OP. That said, I am not noticing it myself, other than the fact that I now have to use a hull healing power from time to time.
Other than that, try to remove all the gear from your ship and equip it again, I recall a bug that was never fixed that could make you really squishy until you did that.
Join Unrepentant!
Commander
# 12
10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
Just ran into a tac in a Adapted Battle-cruiser (on the weekend) that was darn near impossible to kill. We had 3 people with over 4 million damage each on him and the only time we killed him was when a rather whiny sci decided to help us and subnuc him (he than left after claiming we weren't healing him, which our dedicated healer was wasting all his time doing since his ship was so squishy). If it had been an engineer in that thing, I'd say it would of been even harder and we may not have gotten that one kill off him.
ran into that problem with a Fed dread we had 4 people on it and it would not die
Captain
# 13
10-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neos472 View Post
ran into that problem with a Fed dread we had 4 people on it and it would not die
Reeks of an aux2bat build.
Lieutenant
# 14 My response
11-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Yes , everyone thanks for your input, Yes , I know all of these things, and yes I have been intensely and expensively R&D and changing up and experimenting with different setups, for dps and pure tank/healer/anchor since my original post, but so far, to no avail. even tho indeed, I have come up with much better builds/specs, but compared to my older specs, builds /success and other current rom sci/tac, fed tac, and klink rom, eng, sci, tac ships and builds in pvp, there is still la noticeable and disadvantaged/nerfed difference..I have posted more feedback and many many bug reports concerning this subject, still no change, tho perhaps the nerf is noticed and hopefully will be resolved with the new S8 change/patch., just seems and with gr8 frustration, no hope for engineers on the fed side/non romulan /klink toon/ships at this point. and others that say , my tank is fine n;stuff, let me ask, are u a human fed toon with fed cruisers? with same toon and experience b4 LOR? or 9/24 patch?
Career Officer
# 15
11-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Alien Fed engineer in a Fed cruiser, yes. Tanking is not changed since pre-LoR, apart from the recent addition of the Attract Fire command.

It is getting more challenging, as now I have to tank for 30k Scimitars. Threat generation alone isn't enough, I have to have 5-figure DPS plus high Threat to draw fire from them. But that's an easily overcome problem, as cruisers nowadays have no problem topping 12k-15k.
Lt. Commander
Hello,

I've been tanking for quite sometime in my Andorian for my first & 2nd characters and haven't noticed much difference in awhile.
I've been tanking in T'varo's with my Rom Engineer for quite sometime and haven't noticed much either.

Just after LoR went live I did notice a bit of a change - and started to change things out quite often, then just posted for suggestions and stuck with that build because every time I changed something 'things' didn't seem good or got worse.
Career Officer
# 17
11-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Doesn't evasion cap out at 24 impulse? I have notice people going straight through my shields. I am looking for away to make a strong armor/hull tank now.