Survivor of Romulus
I have been been testing the Voth mobs on Tribble.

First of all they are NPC groups only. So no NPC contacts (ground or space). We have here the same issue we had when Tholians were first introduced: no way to speak to them in traditional dialogue and no way to make friendlies. This was fixed with the Tholians, many months later. Why not fix this issue now?

Space mobs work pretty much the same as any other space mobs. There is no fighter group, however.

The second issue is about the ground-based mobs. The dinosaurs and mechs are mixed in with the regular Voth, and there is no telling who will spawn. I really feel these three disparate types of enemies need to be separated so that the author knows what kind of mob will spawn in any given fight and can specifically put down story-relevant mobs (or whatever mob the author thinks is cool!)

Third issue: I could never get a V-Rex to spawn with any of the captain level groups. C'mon it's no fun if we can't have V-Rexes!
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 10-30-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Rihannsu
# 2
10-30-2013, 08:29 AM
We wont be able to spawn a V -rex from a captain level mob.

If I remember correctly, All the big bosses (armek, borg gorn, fek'lhr etc) are contacts, so they would have to add the V-rex as a contact so we can then skin it onto another group.

its like space dreadnoughts. we dont have any other than contacts we can skin onto a battlecruiser.

this does go back to the issue of adding boss/dreadnought mobs and letting the author add enough NPC support to take it down.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
I haven't seen one yet, but I was figuring it would be on par with the big mech, which is a large and fairly difficult mob. But you may be correct if its on the order of Armek the other bosses. You certainly bring up a good point. These ground boss and dreadnaught mobs ought to be in the Foundry.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 4
10-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Has the import feature been fixed?

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039