Lt. Commander
# 1 Wheres my goodies??
01-29-2010, 11:46 PM
I preordered Star Trek Online on Christmas Day. Needless to say I have been following this game closely. I am an avid Star Trek fan and am so happy that this game is here.

But now for my gripe. I paid 63.94 to get the game along with 5 fantastic goodies from Atari.com. The Joined Trill and the NX classification are the two I am most concerned with. I log in today at 2 pm est and go to the STO store and what do i find?? NOTHING!!!! WHERE ARE MY GOODIES?????

Come to find out from people in the chat line, these items and the others that come along with the various other preorders are not active until the official launch when Atari sends me my retail key. WTF??? I repeat WTF??? What is the point of a Headstart if I have to start over yet again when i finally get access to my joined Trill?? I don't want to start over again. I already have to. (which I am totally cool with by the way. beta is beta)

Seriously Cryptic, if your reading this, PLEASE unlock my stuff. I want to the NX SOOOOO bad. Come on. Did you think this one through??

The game is great otherwise. Keep it up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I think you left them with your ability to read and rationally work your way thru an issue. AKA read the FAQ.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Yes. This has been on the FAQ since the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey30 View Post
I preordered Star Trek Online on Christmas Day. Needless to say I have been following this game closely. I am an avid Star Trek fan and am so happy that this game is here.
The accuracy of the underlined sentence is where your trouble lies. It was announced well before now that items from pre-orders would be recieved when you put in your retail key. It was on the pre-order FAQ page, and has been all over the forums throughout open beta. The reason for this is because you could "pre-order" from everywhere to get the goodies, then never actually buy those pre-orders. The head start is a seperate thing from retail, and is just a little thank you for those who did pre-order (consider each of the items a thank you from the retailer you pre-ordered from.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynthe
The head start is a seperate thing from retail, and is just a little thank you for those who did pre-order (consider each of the items a thank you from the retailer you pre-ordered from.)

Well said.