Lt. Commander
# 101
03-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
meh voice commands are less important to me then the joysticks as windows has had a crappy history of screwing up what people are saying even when its digital.

i say implement joystick capability like the xbox controllers and DEFINITELY DEFINITELY the flight sticks. we absolutely need those flightsticks up and running! :p
Id like to see it so that we can map turning axises to joystick axises. That way we can get multiple turn commands down. As it is, its a royan pain to turn right and up at the same time as unless yer on a keyboard, it doesnt like takiung two keyboard commands at once.

Im really like to be able to talk to type on the forums rather than type though. I have to type with left hand only, cause I suk a t typing, plus I shattered my right elbow recently. I also only have the use of two fingers and a thumb on my left hand as I was struck my lightning and have nerve damage on the hand, so it takes 3 forevers for me TO type

But a gamepad would be brilliant for me, as I can use the left controls with 3 fingers really easily.

As messed up as it sounds, duct tape the two useless ones to the controller so they'll hold it and play. Thats how I used to do it with my old school xbox lol
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Anyone know how to text to type? Like for the forums? Id vastly perfer that over typing manually lol
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-14-2010, 12:44 PM
ok ive mapped some keys etc, but i cant get 1/2 my powers or 1/2 my phaser/torpedos to map cause for some reason they dont show up on the keybind list. like in the key bind page i try to 1/2 the stuff if i asign a key doesnt do anything for some reason. Its like 1/2 my abilitys just dont exist for mapping, not even all of my personal non boff ones.

Mirical worker for example is unmapable so is 1 rear phase 1 rear tricobalt 1 rear quantum. Its on my sov cruiser. I cant map any of my tact abilites or anythng. if i got into options i have a ton of things on the ability mapping part that if you bind a key does nothing. Any help would be great i really want to map abilities like high yield.
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JToney3449 View Post
ok ive mapped some keys etc, but i cant get 1/2 my powers or 1/2 my phaser/torpedos to map cause for some reason they dont show up on the keybind list. like in the key bind page i try to 1/2 the stuff if i asign a key doesnt do anything for some reason. Its like 1/2 my abilitys just dont exist for mapping, not even all of my personal non boff ones.

Mirical worker for example is unmapable so is 1 rear phase 1 rear tricobalt 1 rear quantum. Its on my sov cruiser. I cant map any of my tact abilites or anythng. if i got into options i have a ton of things on the ability mapping part that if you bind a key does nothing. Any help would be great i really want to map abilities like high yield.
1) Um, are you talking about the power presets? ["1/2 my powers"]
2) You're talking about the weapons equiped? ["1/2 my phaser/torpedos"]

If the above questions are "yes" then:

1) http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=68 -and- http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&postcount=13

2) Only thing you'll need to do is:

<command>
<listenFor>fire forward torpedos</listenFor>
<speak>Firing Foward Torpedos</speak>
<sendKeys>[insert key]</sendKeys> <- example: if forward torps are key 1 then put "1"
</command>

<command>
<listenFor>fire forward phasers</listenFor>
<speak>Firing forward phasers</speak>
<sendKeys>[insert key]</sendKeys>
</command>

Now if you're like me and have used up key 1-0 then you'll have to remap the CTRL and ALT to single click keys, which shouldn't be to hard...NUMPAD might work, but I don't know the keycode for it. Usually it's something like NUM 1 or NUMPAD 1. Reason for this is it appears that STO locks down multi-key presses like CTRL 1 to prevent full automation (Botting).
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
excellent thread and i will purchase the voiceattack program and try that tonight...

ok i purchased the voice attack full program but have yet to recieve a key to unlock it fully.. how long did it take everyone else... its been 20 minutes when most confirmation these days takes seconds....

wanna try this out and make this game fun again and feel like a real captain....

now just gonna have to go through all my old star trek sound effect files again

2nd edit:

I have to tell you this is FUNNNNNN. I only got a few things programmed last night after I finally got my registration key in email ($8 for full version)... and you can almost create your own episode... for instance to just feel more like im in the star trek world lol i have one command programmed that tells it to play a wav file... so when im about to engage enemy targets i can yell "red alert" and i get the standard stng red alert sound to warn the entire crew lol... i think my crew is tired of me crying wolf all the time by just yelling red alert a lot to just hear it lol..... I may have a mutiny on my hands.

im thinking of programming a few others like some borg sounds like "we are the borg you will be assimilated into our collective blah blah " having it triggered by the word borg, so when i ever engage a borg in space i can just say, Mr sulu, is that the borrrrg? which then triggers that sound... lol its just too cool...

i could say "bridge to doctor McCoy" and have it say "dammit Jim im a doctor not a mechanic" lol... its just endless the possibilities..... not to mention every function in game can be made to work from voice command... even flying the ship, bank right, bank left... whatever you want to program...

I will probably end up doing the weapons manually as it will be faster but for keying up special skills like high yeield torps, or sub nuc beam, or target shields can all be done by voice without having to find the button which we all know in battle the cursor has a bad habit of disappearing and being hard to see wasting valuable seconds....

to me this has really made this game much more enjoyable and i haven't even scratched the surface yet...

one of the cooler functions i have programmed already is "target team 1", "target team 2" and so on to target a team mate, then i can order extend shields, or engineering team... without having to take the time to click the icon or ship and then click the skill with the cursor issues mentioned during heated battle....

If your bored with sto with the same old go to system "x", blow up "x" amount of ships, depart system, rinse and repeat... then this might be the thing for you !!!
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-16-2010, 05:06 PM
question for the voiceattack users..

Are you getting this to recognise commands ?????? I think im starting to see the limitations of the software... when having the program opened and watching what its interpeting it wont recognise my commands half the time... sometimes if i change the i say to a weird phrase that it was thinking i said it will repeat it in the window just as its written in the edit window but wont give me the recognise... very few of the commands are reliable every time.... I think i may try one of the other programs mentioned... I already spent several hours programming this one and having it play back some original wav files from the stng series......

any comments or suggestions would be appreciated...
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingtip-

Are you getting this to recognise commands ?????? I think im starting to see the limitations of the software... when having the program opened and watching what its interpeting it wont recognise my commands half the time... sometimes if i change the i say to a weird phrase that it was thinking i said it will repeat it in the window just as its written in the edit window but wont give me the recognise... very few of the commands are reliable every time.... I think i may try one of the other programs mentioned... I already spent several hours programming this one and having it play back some original wav files from the stng series......

I haven't had too much of a problem with it. However, once it somehow stopped listening on it's own, and I had to press the listening button to have it start back up. And one other time i had too many things open at once and was choking my CPU, which was causing a good 2 to 3 second delay on every command that I was giving it.

But 99% of the time it was worked perfectly. I can barely even remember playing without it now.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Think most of us here are using Win7 and therefore using the Speech Recognition software included.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingtip-

You must still train windows speech engine api. Voice attack uses the same engine. I am using voice attack and have had no significant problems.
you can find other VA users in:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=121077
and here
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=119876

You can also contact the developer on the the google group forum
http://groups.google.com/group/voiceattack

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaf
So I looked at Voice attack and it does work and the price is great. Sadly it is missing the thing I love the best about voice buddy, the voice

When I say power to engines, the computer responds Power to engines captain. I love saying shields front and getting that response re-enforcing forward shields. That feed back is great will for me. now if I can get it to be in the startrek computer voice
Actually, if you goto the other option in the latest version of Voice attack you can have the computer respond with whatever you like. Mine tells me "Engaging Full Impulse" when I say the command.
Closed Thread