Lt. Commander
# 111
03-17-2010, 06:51 AM
I now have this program working fully and recognising every command. Here's the trick, as some of you already posted. We used this program instead of windows speech recog. because the windows program cant do shift+a, or ctrl+a, combinations etc... voiceattack can. BUT, you still have to use windows speech recog first to train up the software to learn your voice.. After your done with that, and it takes about an hour, close the windows speech program, open voice attack, go to options and change the voice software from default to windows speech recoginition... all the commands starting working every time and not trying to interpret them as something else said...

im normally in bed by 10pm but wanted to test that so bad i was up till midnight and i get up just after 5am lol..

the only problems im having now is getting the throttle and full impulse to work and its cause of the game, not the voiceattack, as its recognizing the commands every time...

engage!

Some of my voice commands so far: (from memory since im at work so may not be complete, lol)

"target"
"clear target"
"previous target"
"target enemy shields" uses target shields subsystem II-stng sound effects wav file to confirm
"activate sub nuclionic beam" you get the idea-stng sound effects wav file to confirm
"activate hazard emitters" you get the idea-stng sound effects wav file to confirm
"activate high yield" you get the idea-stng sound effects wav file to confirm
"activate science team I" you get the idea-added stng sound effects wav file
"activate science team II" you get the idea-added stng sound effects wav file
"activate science team III" you get the idea-added stng sound effects wav file
"activate sensor scan" sensor scan II as i recall-stng sound effects wav file to confirm
"scan"
"transfer power to forward shields"
"transfer power to left shields"
"transfer power to right shields"
"transfer power to rear shields"
"evasive maneuvers" self explanatory
"increase throttle" isnt working the way i like due to game programming
"decrease throttle" isnt working the way i like due to game programming
"full impulse" isnt working the way i like due to game programming
"full stop" isnt working the way i like due to game programming
"target team I" selects team member I, which can then be used with two commands below
"target team II" selects team member II, which can then be used with two commands below
"target team III" selects team member III, which can then be used with two commands below
"target team IV" selects team member IV, which can then be used with two commands below
"activate engineering team" replenishes targeted teams hull-added stng sound effects wav file
"extend shields" reinforces targeted teams shields-added stng sound effects wav file

extra non functional fun ones
"computer" get the standard stng beeps as if the computer is awaiting commands
"red alert" stng red alert sounds

future additions

attack posture
defensive posture
speed posture
balanced posture
auxiliary power to shields
auxiliary power to weapons
auxiliary power to engines
emergency power to shields
additional skills when unlocked
chat phrases

future non functional fun commands
"dammit scotty i need more power" triggers "im givin ye all she's got cap'in"
"bridge to doctor mccoy" triggers "dammit jim im a doctor not a mechanics" ( or one of a dozen others similiar)
key word "borg" triggers "we are the borg, you will be assimilated, resistance is futile blah blah"

and many many other possibilities not to mention a whole new set of commands for ground missions and being able to verbally tell a certain team member to use a certain weapon on a certain target...
Lt. Commander
# 112
03-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronovich
Actually, if you goto the other option in the latest version of Voice attack you can have the computer respond with whatever you like. Mine tells me "Engaging Full Impulse" when I say the command.

You can also link it to STNG wave files to use Character or Computer voice or other trek sound effects.
Lt. Commander
# 113
03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
which is what i said in the post above you.... it rocks....

On a note about the throttle settings thanks to the sto forums i have found a way around this to do what i want... instead of using

Throttle Forward E , /ThrottleAdjust .25
Throttle Back Q , /ThrottleAdjust -.25

you use the command

/ThrottleSet x

where x can have any value between -1 and +1

but cant test this till i get home... thanks goes to Druuna of the sto forums
Lt. Commander
# 114
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagtarsis View Post
Cool Thanks Ivon.

I totally agree with you on botting. I want to play the game not have the computer play it for me.

I just want to bark out my speed comand and see it done.

Thanks again!
And I want to command my ship, not doing Riker's Maneouver and take a stick to pilot the fat big ship. How does a captain do that in Star Trek Universe?
Lt. Commander
# 115
03-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Here are the bind commands i have created in game so i can program voiceattack to activate specific speeds.

Shift+t "throttleset 1.0"
Shift+a "throttleset .75"
Shift+q "throttleset .50"
Shift+e "throttleset .25"
Shift+s "throttleset 0.0"
Ctrl+e "throttleset -.25"

the -.25 was my "back quarter impulse" command but it doesnt work even when just pushin Ctrl+e by hand... will have to see if im missing something in the command line..... but the others work great for "1/4 impulse", "half impulse" etc etc...
Lt. Commander
# 116
03-20-2010, 01:01 PM
i need some help, just starting to look into this, and have seen 3 different articles on 3 different programs. i'm trying to pick the best (and cheapest) option for me.... If someone would please answer the questions below:

1) what would be needed to use this in windows xp? (note: i have office 2k installed & have some type of microphone controlled thing avabile).
2) is the windows marco program a requirement for use?
3) can i use this program have emotes via voice command?
4) will this work with keybinds (\ commands & tray bindings)
5) will this work wit a command such as pick up object,
6) will this work when answering an onscreen message
7) will this work with weapons firing in space, (load high yield torp, target shiels, reverse shield polarity, power to sheilds as exampls)?
8) how does this program compare to e-Speaking or L&H Voice Express (the other 2 programs i'm debating for use with this).
9) how do you setup the program to play a wav or mp3 file after executing the command???

if anyone could also provide examples of their setup (i really just need 1 or 2 for each of the above, along with the program being used), i would be appreciative.

any and all help is appreciated.
G.
Lt. Commander
# 117
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Fantastic... I'm going to have to try this with a mix of 360 controller.
Lt. Commander
# 118
03-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
1) what would be needed to use this in windows xp? (note: i have office 2k installed & have some type of microphone controlled thing avabile).
2) is the windows marco program a requirement for use?
3) can i use this program have emotes via voice command?
4) will this work with keybinds (\ commands & tray bindings)
5) will this work wit a command such as pick up object,
6) will this work when answering an onscreen message
7) will this work with weapons firing in space, (load high yield torp, target shiels, reverse shield polarity, power to sheilds as exampls)?
8) how does this program compare to e-Speaking or L&H Voice Express (the other 2 programs i'm debating for use with this).
9) how do you setup the program to play a wav or mp3 file after executing the command???
My answers based on using voiceattack as i mentioned earlier

1..have no idea, i havent ran xp in close to 8 years, ive ran vista 64 bit and wouldnt go back to xp for nothin
2...have no idea what your talking about... the program creates all the macro combinations you could think of then some
3 yes
4 yes
5 yes (once you bind the command to a key, then program the voiceattack to that key
6 yes, see 5
7 yes see 5
8 no clue, this one does everything ive needed so far
9 when your programming a command there is a tab for adding sound files, you just browse to the wav file you want and your done
Lt. Commander
# 119
03-20-2010, 07:24 PM
1st. Voice attack is $8.00
http://www.voiceattack.com/download.aspx

2nd. Windows speech recognition is free. Start here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ptember23.mspx

3rd. Is other 3rd party software exceeding $9
http://www.google.com/search?q=game+...ient=firefox-a

The voice attack developer has a link on his site to update your XP speech software and a 21 day trial.
It really is the simplest way to go.

I tried the free Microsoft way first and was annoyed by other apps opening over my game because I was chatting in vent.
Although technically you could set your stop/start listening hotkey to the same as you vent ptt key.

Either way make sure you train the computer your voice, this is the first step that cannot be skipped.
Lt. Commander
# 120
03-20-2010, 09:30 PM
I have worked on a system that uses a program called e-Speaking. I created a thread in STO Discussion becuase I did not see this forum before I posted, along with a demo video.

Here is link to the topic.

Yes, it does cost $14 dollars, but I tried all the other programs mentioned here and this one met my parameters for voice activated commands.
Closed Thread