Lt. Commander
# 41
02-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminal-Access View Post
according to one of the online docs iv been reading up on this {{CRTL}}1 will pres and releace ctrl then press 1

they also state that using ctrl1 should press ctrl, press 1 then releace both buttons iv tried this in game but for some reason this make my character auto run and bring up my mission list, very strange.

Edit: The blow information is not compatable with STO or simply just dosent work.

ok according to the following page MSDN SendKeys Class

we should be using the following commands

Tier 2 Menu ^(1-0)
Tier 3 Menu %(1-0)

1-0 denotes numerical keys 1 through 0

just going to test this in game right now.
Tried that yesterday. Dont work. Well.. tecnically it works from time to time. BTW +r to reproduce SHIFT+R (Full impulse) You can try to use the commands with the chat window selected... it works... some times. Well. Read my ohter post.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-05-2010, 02:03 PM
does anyone have the dragon naturally speaking program to try this with as it is far more advanced than what weve been trying, i have it but cant find it for nothing, ive used it for a game before but has been along time ago and it was an early version.if i am thinking right DNS has the hold or press key voiuce option.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangaar
I also can't seem to get it to send a spacebar. I maped my attack to a secondary key but does anyone know how to get WSR Macros to send the spacebar?

I tried {spacebar}, {space}, and {u+0020} none of which seem to work in game.
I cannot seem To get it to recognize the space bar or the control key I've not tried the Alt key yet but I assume I go to a will have the same problems. Has anybody been able to resolve this issue yet?

I also can't seem to get the speech recognition software to type within a text box in chrome.

Because of these limitations I am only able to access powers that I am able to slot on the first bar. While I find the ability to fix my shields through voice command very useful this limitation makes voice control somewhat ineffectual.

The half a year that how to get these keys working please be so kind as to post your information.

Many thanks
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-05-2010, 03:38 PM
if i may point out, although the "CTRL+A" and various combo dont work with the voice command macro, it does however works perfectly well with AHK. so if you are really desperate, you can always link the voice macro to a AHK macro.

edit.
that is, if you are really desperate... you can use the voice macro to simulate a {space}, then code an AHK macro to simulate a {space} on receiving a {space}. problem solved.

otherwise, instead of worry about not being able to use button combo, just bind the voice macro the normal keyboard buttons. i am personally quite content with just the F1-F12 keys, plus if i am really short on key, just use the qwerty keys.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWulf
I cannot seem To get it to recognize the space bar or the control key I've not tried the Alt key yet but I assume I go to a will have the same problems. Has anybody been able to resolve this issue yet?

I also can't seem to get the speech recognition software to type within a text box in chrome.

Because of these limitations I am only able to access powers that I am able to slot on the first bar. While I find the ability to fix my shields through voice command very useful this limitation makes voice control somewhat ineffectual.

The half a year that how to get these keys working please be so kind as to post your information.

Many thanks
It has been determined and confirmed by the developer of the WSR Macro application that it will have issues like this while running inside a game. It is something the game devs do, when thy lock down function keys. Very common in many games.
You can change the mapping in STO to a one keystroke command and map the voice command to that key.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
I know the dev confirmed this but there is a chance he is not correct. I mean the game does indeed react to {{CTRL}}1 it just treats it as a 1 which is obviously not correct. Seems to me the game would completely ignore it if the dev was correct.

I saw posted somewhere else that in order for games to recognize presses like CTRL-1 they need the CTRL key to remain held down for at least .3 seconds. WSR does not seem to have a "hold key" function that holds a key down for a period of time so the game doesn't catch it.

So unless that functionality is added to WSR all we can do is remap the combo keys in game to single key alternatives.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
two points.
You can say "type ALT 1" and that will trigger the Alt power number one.
the other point is you may be able to use the macro to enter a command. Games down so I can not test it yet. I'll try it later and post the code if it works
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangaar
I I saw posted somewhere else that in order for games to recognize presses like CTRL-1 they need the CTRL key to remain held down for at least .3 seconds. WSR does not seem to have a "hold key" function that holds a key down for a period of time so the game doesn't catch it.

So unless that functionality is added to WSR all we can do is remap the combo keys in game to single key alternatives.
It can be made without problems. I tried that a few days ago with .2 and .5 and 1.0 and nothing.

it's <sendKeys times="2">{{CTRL}} {0.5 WAIT}4</sendKeys> or something like that... but didn't work either, i've been trying with virtual keys and also nothing
i think that only the first tiers works
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEII
if i may point out, although the "CTRL+A" and various combo dont work with the voice command macro, it does however works perfectly well with AHK. so if you are really desperate, you can always link the voice macro to a AHK macro.

edit.
that is, if you are really desperate... you can use the voice macro to simulate a {space}, then code an AHK macro to simulate a {space} on receiving a {space}. problem solved.

otherwise, instead of worry about not being able to use button combo, just bind the voice macro the normal keyboard buttons. i am personally quite content with just the F1-F12 keys, plus if i am really short on key, just use the qwerty keys.
I've not been able to get the function keys to work I can't seem to figure out the syntax. I have however gotten the number pad keys to work and this seems to at least add some functionality to the game.

If someone has figured out how to use the function keys can you please paste your macro here as it would be helpful to have another 12 binds to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Omg! I'm going to have so much fun with this!

Thanks
Closed Thread