Lt. Commander
# 51
02-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWulf
I've not been able to get the function keys to work I can't seem to figure out the syntax. I have however gotten the number pad keys to work and this seems to at least add some functionality to the game.

If someone has figured out how to use the function keys can you please paste your macro here as it would be helpful to have another 12 binds to the game.
Function keys work fine for me - just use {f1} or {f2} or {f3} etc
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Through the use of binds I believe you can eliminate the need for key combos by consolidating several actions into 1 command, or giving those actions key that you can't normally assign them to through the use of binds. You can for example create a single command to reinforce both your forward and right shield at the same time. Bound commands can be appended with more commands, I'll try to find and post the article, but here's something I found about binds to get you started.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=1957945
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-07-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWulf
I've not been able to get the function keys to work I can't seem to figure out the syntax. I have however gotten the number pad keys to work and this seems to at least add some functionality to the game.

If someone has figured out how to use the function keys can you please paste your macro here as it would be helpful to have another 12 binds to the game.
{F1}? Works for me when i design a new one
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Hello everyone,

This may sound like a stupid question, has anyone worked out how to play back sound from a WSR macro?

For example, can we activate windows text to speech or narrator using XML commands in a WSR macro?

Iím sure one of you will tell me itís easy or maybe that it is not possible. As it is, I have been unable to work it out so far.

I have set navigation, shield actions, basic camera actions and basic enemy selection so far. It would be nice if I could have the computer voice a response to my commands. It would be nicer still if I could do this through the built in software of windows 7 and not have to buy a separate software licence for a third party application.

By the way, this was written using windows speech recognition under windows 7 ultimate. The whole thing is a bit buggy but works.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I think it works nicely. Sometimes you have to use hit control zero instead of in the actual key bind but overall, its pretty freaking awesome.
In fact, I'm dictating this message. Neener.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-08-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabs
I think it works nicely. Sometimes you have to use hit control zero instead of in the actual key bind but overall, its pretty freaking awesome.
In fact, I'm dictating this message. Neener.
Yeah, WSR works OK - I think my microphe is the problem - it is one of the cheaper headset type (great for chat over net - not so good for WSR it seems). Also, for some strange reason, my mic recording volume gets set to zero from time to time automatically!

Any way, WSR seems great and works in game. It would be nice to have it talk back though.

As for 'alt' this or 'control' that, change the key bind in game to a single key - it should then work OK.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-08-2010, 07:06 AM
A workaround for the Ctrl and Alt issue would be to generate text commands for those actions.

For example, if you wanted to assign "Fire Torpedoes" to the power in tray 2 slot 1 you could make a macro that does the following

{Enter}
/+TrayExecByTray 1 0
{Enter}

or in XML
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<speechMacros>
<command>
<listenFor>Fire Torpedoes</listenFor>
<sendKeys>{ENTER}/+TrayExecByTray 1 0{ENTER}</sendKeys>
</command>

It may not be very snappy, I would have to test it, but you should be able to link a simple voice command to type out the text command for you.

I will try it out tonight and see how well it works.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-08-2010, 07:20 AM
I was just looking at the macro specification and there is a difference between send and insert and the usage of alt or ctrl

{LALT}g - hold and releases Left ALT then hold and release the "g" key.
LALTg - presses and holds Left ALT, presses "g" then it releases Left ALT and "g" keys.

so using sendKeys {LALT}g is incorrect

try using <sendKeys> with LALTg
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
to the user who wanted to have voice talk back to them when something has happened....
<speechMacros>
<command>
<listenFor>Hello computer</listenFor>
<speak>Hello user</speak>
</command>
</speechMacros>
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Going to try this one later to see if it will work for auto fire solution

<speechMacros>
<command>