Lt. Commander
title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
title sums it up, gamestop and other game store employees are running around flaunting items like the tier 1 constitutions and joined trills and every one of the fancy extras we all preordered. how you might ask, the only logical conclusion is that since you cant buy the retail codes or have them shipped yet is that they stole them and took them home. some may or may not take the bar codes back in and pay for them, but its obvious they took home the retail codes to get the goodies the rest of us arent allowed to play with until their selfish asses get us our codes to us. i for one think they should all recieve a 30 day suspension from the game.
What's your point? Yes they got their codes early but there really is nothing you can do about it. If Amazon shipped my copy early do you really believe I wouldn't enter the codes as soon as I got them? Blame Gamestop for not controlling their merchandise better but don't whine here.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 12:51 AM
well.....I dont know what the quirks of the job are but I am sure they get access to stuff way before we ever do. That being said I personally dont like dealing with Game Stop but it is soooo close to my house I would be ripping myself off by paying for shipping.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 12:53 AM
i have no choice, i live 125 miles from a mall out in north dakota on the canadian border, if i dont have someone like gamestop fedex it to me ii cant get it without a download, and i wanted a collectors edition, and the pre order ship was a nice bonus for going with them. but they need to fire people that steal the game early so blatantly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrekker View Post
well.....I dont know what the quirks of the job are but I am sure they get access to stuff way before we ever do. That being said I personally dont like dealing with Game Stop but it is soooo close to my house I would be ripping myself off by paying for shipping.
while they are not to get items before the street date, but employees get games early all the time. it's really messed up, and something I wish gamestop would crack down on, but chances are they won't. ( source class mate / x gamestop employee, according to him. )
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:04 AM
That's Gamestop for you. Neither the employees nor their managers really care.

Though honestly, if I worked at Gamestop and I had pre-ordered the game through my store then I would be taking home my copy as soon as it came in too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:06 AM
and to those that think im just moaning over not having my ship, i can live without it for now, it was always my plan to get my klingon up before the masses with my pvp klingon guild. the gamestop ship is for a fed alt to run missions in and thats going to be a minimal amount of my gameplay any time soon. what irks me is the complete lack of respect, ehtics, or dignity from these people that clearly went against what cryptic intended to be a measure of no one gets the item till everyone gets the item/ordering from every vendor and cancling all but one to get all bonuses on the cheap (those of you that bought a copy frome veryone for all the sway, wow you got money to burn over digital swag hehe)). report the people with the goodies early, gettem suspended, or else theyll never learn! and we dont need a bunch of snobs of their calibur in our community frankly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Quote:
and to those that think im just moaning over not having my ship, i can live without it for now, it was always my plan to get my klingon up before the masses with my pvp klingon guild. the gamestop ship is for a fed alt to run missions in and thats going to be a minimal amount of my gameplay any time soon. what irks me is the complete lack of respect, ehtics, or dignity from these people that clearly went against what cryptic intended to be a measure of no one gets the item till everyone gets the item/ordering from every vendor and cancling all but one to get all bonuses on the cheap (those of you that bought a copy frome veryone for all the sway, wow you got money to burn over digital swag hehe)). report the people with the goodies early, gettem suspended, or else theyll never learn! and we dont need a bunch of snobs of their calibur in our community frankly.
:|

All I have to say on this is

.................................................. .................................................. .............?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Good for them. At least they get something for having to work such a crappy job.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Technically the people who got their stuff early are not the ones breaking the rules. It's the people who gave them the codes early who did.