Lt. Commander
# 71
01-30-2010, 06:33 AM
They aren't employee's, I asked one of them and he said the store has been giving them out breaking the release date.

Come Tuesday none of this will matter, however I find this behaviour utterly indefenceible. How can there be rules for some and rules for others?
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-30-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners191 View Post
How can there be rules for some and rules for others?
Please tell me this is not the first time you have realized this in RL?
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Please tell me this is not the first time you have realized this in RL?
Unhelpful and offtopic

No in real life people who just accept it and have no interest in fairness, like many in this thread are suggesting, get walked over.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Unhelpful and offtopic
Actually, its both true and directly in response to the question you asked. So if my reply is "offtopic", then so was the question you asked.

Quote:
No in real life people who just accept it and have no interest in fairness, like many in this thread are suggesting, get walked over.
I'm not saying its "right" or that I like it, but that doesnt change the facts. Some people break the rules and get away with it, others dont. Nothing you do or say is going to change that.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-30-2010, 09:41 AM
I didn't read every post in here so not sure if it's been said already, but if ANYONE distrubutes a copy of the game in any form before the official release date, they asubject to heavy fines like $25,000 per occurence or more and the possibility of losing right to sell/distrubute any more from provider.
That is a HUGE no,no!!! I work at a large electronics retailer and we have our retail copies of the game in back waitin for launch day.
I actually had to pull some copies off the shelf that someone accidently put out, and we could have really got in major trouble for it!! I would also no doubt lose my job if I went and took a code out of one of those boxes and used it, that's stealing plain and simple.
Cryptic should ban anyone using a retail code right now as there is no reason for them to have one period, and persue action against any retailer releasing the game early.
Game stop has a history of selling used games as new, and have always had a practice of opening brand new packages and removing the contents,then displaying the empty box on shelf...makes their store look "full", but it also means the contents are no longer sealed, and anyone there had access to the key inside. I know their the best source for used games, but I've never liked the idea of them opening brand new product to display. I should say that I've pre-ordered stuff in the past from them and that has been sealed and not opened as far as I knew....
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZenith View Post
The max I have ever seen is 20%, any more than that and they might as well give it to you for free. I'm not sure what kind of company you've worked for, but mine is in business to make money, not lose it!
When I worked in a comic book shop when I was 16 we got everything at cost. I was into Magic the gathering and Warhammer 40k tabletop, and the owner just told us if we wanted anything tack onto the inventory list we submitted daily with a note to either take it our of our check or we'll pay him cash when we got. It was so nice get the 3.50$/pack cards for 1$/pack. That was my perk for having to put up with the 30 year olds who came in every day asking where there comics are blah blah blah then looking like a 12 year old seeing boobs for the first time while they read it at the counter. And with my current occupation in the Army, my perk is a switchblade, which is very illegal to carry, but I get to carry it anyway. Every job has some perk to it, and every perk is going to irk someone who thinks its unfair. Get over it. I wish I was the president so I can do *almost* anything I wanted to. But then again, I would hate being the president, because I like to sleep, and I would get impeached day 3 when we get bombed at 2am, and I tell whoever is trying to wake me up to go **** themselves and call me during business hours.
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
NO! The minimum-wage retail slave got his pixels before me! AN INJUSTICE!
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
When I worked in a comic book shop when I was 16 we got everything at cost. I was into Magic the gathering and Warhammer 40k tabletop, and the owner just told us if we wanted anything tack onto the inventory list we submitted daily with a note to either take it our of our check or we'll pay him cash when we got. It was so nice get the 3.50$/pack cards for 1$/pack. That was my perk for having to put up with the 30 year olds who came in every day asking where there comics are blah blah blah then looking like a 12 year old seeing boobs for the first time while they read it at the counter. And with my current occupation in the Army, my perk is a switchblade, which is very illegal to carry, but I get to carry it anyway. Every job has some perk to it, and every perk is going to irk someone who thinks its unfair. Get over it. I wish I was the president so I can do *almost* anything I wanted to. But then again, I would hate being the president, because I like to sleep, and I would get impeached day 3 when we get bombed at 2am, and I tell whoever is trying to wake me up to go **** themselves and call me during business hours.
lol funny enough I have to say I think that would be me as Prime Minister (at least i'd do a better job than Blair or Brown).....but perhaps it would be more like FO I'm just about to finish my patrol in Koolhaas system!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 79
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Actually. I know the manager of our local gamestop and my wife works there. If a code is seen as being inputted early then that is releasing a game before street date and there are very strict and swift punishments:

1) A Fine

2) Firing of the individuals involved

If you are so concerned that these codes have been inputted early then report them so the offending employees will get fired and then we can all move on.
Lt. Commander
# 80
01-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Fines can be slapped on the retailers for selling a product before release date.

Video games are serious business.