Lt. Commander
# 1 A few questions
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
Since I really don't like my tactical officer's space skill (Torpedo Spread) I'm considering getting another tactical officer as a replacement with High Yield Torpedo but should I just pay to retrain him instead? I've gotten 3 BOs so far and I'm not sure how many more I'm likely to get for free.

Which lieutenant level skills for my personal character are generally considered good investments for engineers? Which are the worst? Should I max out any skill? Is there someone who has already done some work on this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 04:23 AM
I think you are going to max out all your players skills probably a while before you get promoted. I did. I was I think Lt grade 8 and my skills were maxed out in Beta.

As far as training BO's go, if you don't want another tactical Officer, but you want to replace your current TO's skill, then just have the 'new' BO train the current one.

Someone said that it costs less to get a BO for training than to join the crew, but I haven't seen that. When I looked, they were all 100 Merit points or whatever the currency is.

Just make sure you don't purchase a BO that you cannot use, because you cannot give it back / resell it. All you can do is hang onto it in case someday you want to dismiss one of your BO's and replace it with the one you have in your Assignments window.