Lt. Commander
# 31 Runs good
01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Runs good here in Europe with some lag, now and then, and a few minor bugs. (Im vy soon lvl 7).
1 or 2 rubberbandings during play so fare.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-30-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
Besides for the inevitable "rubber banding" going on (which I understand entirely), the game runs like absolute crap. My machine destroys the recommended system requirements for this game, so I know it's not my PC.

The game has been pretty fun thus far, but by release I was hoping that it would be optimized. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. There also seems to be a major input lag regarding movement (WASD) and camera rotation.
Get yourself a better computer and most likely a better ISP. The rame runs great on my end. There has been some minor rubber banding during primetime last night.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-30-2010, 04:04 AM
yeah no issues here i have an ati card so have to turn off dynamic lighting and post processing otherwise the card overheats and the game crashes.

no other games are like this but there we go maybe one day we will get a nice patch to fix the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-30-2010, 04:06 AM
servers down for optimisation at teh moment, looks like you might ahve been wrong
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
Performance has dropped significantly since OB and CB for some reason? I still have everything on max, but it never used to drop before 60fps for me. It certainly doesn't feel as smooth anymore!
I noticed it as soon as I logged in. They altered the reflections / lighting in this game somehow and made them more intensive than they were in OB and CB. It was most noticable when I got out of the training area, and warped into Sol. The light was beaming off my ship, making me light up like my **** was made out of chrome. I was like "Wuuuut???? Where'd this come from?"

Before that, I quickly discovered my screen looked extremely blurry with FSAA on. It wasn't the perfectly smooth, creamy, but detailed FSAA we had at the end of OB. Instead, this one was literally hurting my eyes. So I played around with some settings, and I discovered that basically ingame FSAA will not work normally on its own. For some reason it's factoring my Catalyst settings, EVEN if I check the box so that AA is handled by application only.

I noticed if I move the slider over to 8x, then change it to 24x Sampling Edge-Detect, then recheck the box for "Application controlled," it changes my STO to look amazing compared to leaving it on standard 8x or 4x Box Sampling, and also causes quite a bit more resource use. Even though it should strictly be going by "Ingame 8X" setting. Normally this isn't how it works in games. Either the app controls it, or you do. Fortunately I have resources to spare, but honestly, they ****ed something up between OB and now, and probably broke Antialaising again for ATI users. It was not like this before head-start, and none of my settings changed from then til now.

Well, I shouldn't say they broke anything, because it does work, it just requires a lot of fiddling around with, which irritates me. However, I think realistically what happened is that one of the visual options revolving around the lighting in the game, or reflective surfaces was not working prior to Head-Start. Thus, the game was easier on people's comps, and FSAA was clearer. Now that it does work out of the blue, the game looks better, but at the cost of possibly interfering with FSAA and increasing the amount of power needed to run the game with those settings enabled.

I don't know if it's my imagination too, but like I've even noticed wrinkles in my character's clothing that I don't remember noticing in OB or CB. Could be part of a boost to the shading, or just me losing my mind.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-30-2010, 04:10 AM
I have a high end system, all setting maxed, and it looks and runs pefect. Not a glitch the entire day. Cept for the shutdown just now for maintenance. It's the smoothest start I've ever seen. Grats Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-30-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggett
Go to your ingame video settings and disable screenspace ambient occlusion, that should fix your problem.
QFT. I found in OB that it was killing my performance. However on the last day of OB i started getting stuttering again for no reason, so I turned down the settings a little bit more. I may not be running with everything maxed out on the settings, but frankly what I'm missing is neglible because I prefer performance over quality.

However, last night on the first day of headstart, I found it ran MUCH better. So don't know what they've been tweaking but it worked for me. Of course, there's the "rubber banding" but that's a server side issue / connection issue.

My spec:

4600+ AMD
4 Gb Ram
Windows Vista 64 inc SP1 (latest updates applied)
Nvidia 8800 GTX (195.62 drivers)
SB Audigy SE card (nothing special, but never the less takes strain of the processor)
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-30-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
Besides for the inevitable "rubber banding" going on (which I understand entirely), the game runs like absolute crap. My machine destroys the recommended system requirements for this game, so I know it's not my PC.

The game has been pretty fun thus far, but by release I was hoping that it would be optimized. Doesn't look like that's going to happen. There also seems to be a major input lag regarding movement (WASD) and camera rotation.

I have these exact problems also.

The sluggish controls for ground missions is unbearable at times and has resulted in my death on a few occasions.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-30-2010, 04:33 AM
There were new Nvidia drivers out this month that help a ton if you don't have em.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Works fine here too, maybe it is your internet connection, or firewall settings?

Or it is just that your ISP has a worse connection to the servers then say mine... I am in Australia, so not really right next to the server....
Closed Thread