Lt. Commander
# 1 Swarmers are unresponsive
10-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Anyone else having problems with the swarmers being unresponsive? I recall them and they just set there and when they do recall only half of them do.
Captain
# 2
10-31-2013, 07:18 PM
They worked fine for me.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-31-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issueman1 View Post
Anyone else having problems with the swarmers being unresponsive? I recall them and they just set there and when they do recall only half of them do.
Not just them, I have problems with other pets like that too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-31-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
They worked fine for me.
They attack random targets, won't recall, they love moving to the center of an exploding ship too.
Career Officer
# 5
10-31-2013, 11:35 PM
I actually felt bad for the ship they ganged up on, and blew to pieces in under five seconds.

Then in usual idiotic AI fashion, they decided to test how strong their shields were by hanging around the ship as it's warpcore breached.

Seems to be working like all my carrier pets on recall.
That redshirt, Totally got vaped!!!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
11-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Yea, it's actually something that is common to all hangar pets. The AI is still pretty bad despite some of the improvements they made. They really need to make the hangar pet recall ability instantly teleport the ships into hangar bay, or at least really perfect the AI so the pets will fly back to the mother ship no matter where they are or what they are doing when recalled.

It also depends on the map you are in. Khittomer can be awful for having your hangar pets randomly fly back and forth between the two gateways. Really sucks when they ignore your commands and just start attacking the gateway on the other side for no reason. The vault ensnared is easily the worst offender as my pets will fly away and generally never been seen again.

- pro tip. If your pets are behaving badly, and you can get out of combat, you can remove and reequip your hangar bays to destroy your pets.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Not just them, I have problems with other pets like that too.
^This... It is a bit of a universal issue.
Captain
# 8
11-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by issueman1 View Post
They attack random targets, won't recall, they love moving to the center of an exploding ship too.
That's not a swarmer issue, that's a hangar pet issue. The AI driving them is beyond stupid.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
11-01-2013, 06:34 AM
It is all pets, the AI is dumb beyond dumb......

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Captain
# 10
11-01-2013, 06:42 AM
All pets act like that. The revamped carrier UI made it even worse.
The UI was not the most important thing when it came to carrier. IA always was a problem.