Commander
# 1 Season 8 and rep system
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I have a rom thats done Nuakara to T4 and has Omega and Rom approaching T4, she's run low on XP so is having to farm that. The question is should I bother pushing the Nukara into T5 whilst doing the other two if things are going to change in season 8. I don't foresee the Rom using any of the existing Nukara gear.

The T5 Nuakara power looks useful against mob groups and the 32K dil would fund some Omega T5 shopping later.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-24-2013, 02:01 PM
There is an event to earn experience ongoing right now. Go talk to Q on Kronos, New Romulus or ESD, depending on your faction. Also, make sure to run the Mirror Universe event when you have that buff running. Repeat it over and over, and you'll stock up on expertise right quick. As to whether you should go for Tier 5, I personally I recommend that if you're running short on expertise that you wait a little while to stock it up. I find I get way more bang for the buck out of my Tier 1 to 4 passives than I do from the Tier 5Active clicky. The clicky is nice mind you, but we're talking about bang for the buck. You can very easily get to Tier 2 in a week on a Reputation at a much cheaper cost than it takes to go from Tier 4 to 5. The passive bonuses are always on as well. Clickies tend to have very abysmal cooldowns, so while they are nice to have, they just aren't as useful as a Tier 1-4 ability. That's my recommendation anyway. Tier 5 is probably half of the whole expenditure you make, since the costs are higher in marks, expertise, commodities. So even though it is only 40,000 / 100,000 of the reputation it ends up being not worth it to rush it. If you have the points to spare, go for it. If you need a piece of gear from it, go for it. Otherwise I suggest you work on getting to Tier 4 in the new rep first (assuming the new Rep uses expertise).
Commander
# 3 Thanks didn't know about Q
10-24-2013, 06:50 PM
That Q even changes things, I had about 37K XP left and with the double XP available will run with all 3 until it proves impossible, then Nukara can take a break. My Rom needs those T4 weapons ahead of everything.
Captain
# 4
10-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinspace View Post
That Q even changes things, I had about 37K XP left and with the double XP available will run with all 3 until it proves impossible, then Nukara can take a break. My Rom needs those T4 weapons ahead of everything.
Don't forget to visit him and ask for another as soon as the buff wears off.

Slo for a bit of fun pick option 2 when talking to him, then have a bit of fun scooting around ESD, New Romulus or Qo'Nos as a Horta or other Creature....
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Ensign
# 5 Romulan ground armor?
10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
I recently came back to the game after half a year on sabbatical. Has anyone heard anything about possible Romulan equivalent of MACO or OMEGA being added to the Reputation system?