Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0R0N
BTW, welcome to the fed side of pvp. Not funny waiting for the Q timer, is it ? Wondering wether you'll have half an hour to do something else, or wether you'll be in in a minute.
Hmm what ever shall we do while we wait for PvP matches i wonder... we could - no... or whatabout - no not that either... well we could always grind kahless... again and again and again.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
The reason it might be dead is because we are on the head start and a lot of people who play open Beta (because its free) have not ordered the game. I am sure that come the real go live more people will play. Well hopefully the game does have some serious problems with it maybe some people are waiting for them to be fixed first.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 09:47 AM
I will give it more chances, but my OP was comparing it to OB... After 12 hours of being up the average wait time on Klingon side was about 10-45 seconds. I was in queue for 5 minutes last night, which prooved to me that even less Klingon toons were made in the only other comparison I can produce. Pre-Open Beta polls showed that less then 2% of total population were going to roll Klingon as main. I am only saying that this percentage (even with a heafty 10% margin of error) seems to have taken a dive. I don't care if raising a flag to this issue comes accross as honorless or not Dalnar. The only way Klingons level is through pvp, the only thing we had an advantage on the Feds with was our lack of waiting times. Perhaps people just got slowed down on what I would call a near flawless release date when speaking of crashes and downtime compared to forst day of Open Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't understand what the op is saying. I may be incorrect but from what I see, the problem is a lack of KDF. There are 100 feds waiting and 20 kdf -playing- in matches.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 11:32 AM
if steam didnt constanly bork my client i would be joining my brothers in the empire
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Last night is a good example...

I log in..do a PVP match...didn't get another pop for about 6 minutes....logged out.

Nothing else to do I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I don't understand what the op is saying. I may be incorrect but from what I see, the problem is a lack of KDF. There are 100 feds waiting and 20 kdf -playing- in matches.
That is what I am trying to say... All of the garbage leading up to end of beta event has performed genocide on Klingon numbers when compared to Open Beta populations.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
That is what I am trying to say... All of the garbage leading up to end of beta event has performed genocide on Klingon numbers when compared to Open Beta populations.
well, we've had a lot of Fed players playing Klingons since they cant unlock their pre-order bonuses yet. since Klingons didnt really get any pre-order bonuses, they see no problem levelling that character.

but even at that, the other factors are-
1 people not subscribing post-beta

2 steam clients, people not being able to DL the game right

3 having to play Fed before you can play a Klingon. yeah, there's a 3-6 hour Queue to get to play the klingon faction right there. compared to a 20 minute PvP queue on the Fed side, i'd say you're not exactly the ones drawing the shortest straw, Feds. at least you have an alternative- fully functional, fully thought-out PvE.

4 also, Klingons are probably trying to grind up gear. whenever you cross over from T1 to T2, or T2 to T3, the badge system for PvP gear changes. our new ships come equipped w/standard White gear, we cant get a lot of non-white gear from PvE atm, so it's reasonable to assume for the 1st half of any given Tier a lot of Klingons play KvK b/c it is a more level-playing field for them until they can gear their ships up.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't know what any of you are talking about, yesterday took awhile because no one was lvl 6 yet, today I waited about ten seconds between each fight.

The only problem I saw was people leaving the battleground because they were losing. I had to do it myself a couple of times because my team was down to 2 or 3 people.