Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 04:10 AM
perfect downtime for me at work and can't play anyway
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Euro is actually lucky, a lot of games run downtime at 5 or 7am PST (so 2 or 4 hours later). Hopefully one we get going downtimes will be no more than once a week. (And never on weekends, I must say I am dissapointed with having a Saturday patch now that we're in live) I was really looking forward to no downtime till Monday morning, espesially considering overall the 1st day ran fairly smoothly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 04:12 AM
FIrst, it's not ver likely that they will patch daily in the future. This is the second day of the live server so they will find bugs a lot.
Second, if this will be regular patch time it's a good time for american AND european players if it's done on weekdays. Noonish in EU is not exactly primetime and 3 AM in US is probably the time with the lowest US server pop.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Agreed this is a very bad time for Europe and UK. I hope they will alternate between scheduling down-time during EU/UK and USA prima time,but to be honest, I do not have my hopes high.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabonka
FIrst, it's not ver likely that they will patch daily in the future. This is the second day of the live server so they will find bugs a lot.
Second, if this will be regular patch time it's a good time for american AND european players if it's done on weekdays. Noonish in EU is not exactly primetime and 3 AM in US is probably the time with the lowest US server pop.
Noonish EU time on a Saturday very likely IS prime time
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng
perfect downtime for me at work and can't play anyway
There is me,me and only me
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataq
DIdn't Spock say something about sacrifiing the needs of the few for the needs of the many?

There is a time where it affects the least people, and EU primetime is not it.

Actually, what really ticks me off is that I could hardly play last night because Steam decided that not only did I need to redownload all 10GBs again, but once I did DL it all, it wasn't going to work anyway and just crash on the launcher. So I log on this morning having hardly played (all I did was char creation last night) and I get 30 mins before downtime. I guess things can only get better, but I am quite ****ed off atm.
Lmao thats what you get for using steam(ing pile of #@%$). Stardock's Impluse all the way, screw valve!

But really 6am est is deff the best time to take the servers down if you got to take them down. Pretty much every single mmo comp does downtime at this hr so its nothing new to mmo gamers. I'm just hopeing now that we are out of beta that the servers dont need to come down every morning.....
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabonka
Not exactly.
Its the first day of headstart.
10:00am PST start, first server maintenance on 3:00am PST.

So about 17hours for us to get use of gametime.
its imho fine that headstart on a weekend, but finding the servers down for maintenance after I get some piece of sleep is not really funny.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Server Time
01-30-2010, 04:29 AM
"Most of their customers are in the states"....er....are you sure about that?

It's easily 50:50 - the EU zone includes the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain and Russia all of which have some mad MMORPG player counts which may even end up being MORE than the total numer of players in the US.

******** were sensible enough to split the servers into world regions to stop this kind of annoying server maintanence. I agree that 2300-0100PST would be a MUCH More sensible time as this doesn't **** off fee-paying players in Europe who want to spend their Saturday enjoying the game. 11am-1pm is RIDICULOUS if it's going to be a regular slot.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo2008jedi
Bringing the server down at this time for 2 hours is pretty disappointing.

I understand the need for maintenance, but if its 1100GMT it harms the EU player, Cryptic please reconsider this schedule.

Thanks

oh...bring it back ASAP
yes i am GMT to

it dont mater what time of day you do it, it will Cut in to Some one play time!
right now the USA are sleeping!

most of the uk are eating! or seting up to Eat
as i see it, you got the best time of day right now!

we all got freeview + or virgin + or sky + now and there is the bbc iplayer or itv-play 4OD , go find some tv to watch!