Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
That might be one possible thing. As Beta went along, BO's kept up pretty well with you, even in some "impossible" situations, but it was not perfect AI pathing.

I haven't tried them out with walls or objects on-screen yet. Just saw them inside me...making a 4-armed, four-legged creature. :p (Still haven't gotten my full compliment of BOs, but I just started on the Headstart).
I'd agree, it does take away from the game. It seemed fine in Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Wow, nice to see the newest members of the community already making friends.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzbutt View Post
Get a life and and interact with REAL people from time to time and maybe you'll see that this isn't real life nor are the characters real.
Or just sit on the internet alone in your house, interacting with people you will never meet, never know and are pretty much virtual.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieScream View Post
Wow, nice to see the newest members of the community already making friends.
Hehe, it's so true. The game gets released and every munchkin that thinks he's into Star Trek comes out of the woodwork to call everyone a nerd. I suspect we'll see a lot more of it too. sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzbutt View Post
WOOT! lol I been reported for actually having a REAL life

If you want things in a GAME to be more real, then try LARPing, oh wait, you'd probably complain that you can't "actually" beam anywhere and that your cardboard conny class cutouts don' "actually" get you into space. LOL
every person logging in here is REAL, and has a life. Abuse is uncalled for just because their 'pursuit of happiness' doesn't agree with your own personal ideal 'life'. Since you have no respect for Role Players, why are you playing a Role Playing game? Since you already have a wonderful, full and active, "RL", why are you playing in a sandbox full of Role Playing, virtual 'nerds'?

PEOPLE DESERVE RESPECT. You have none. And yes, you should be reported, not that Cryptic will act against you, but to be honest, I do not want you here either. I will be /ignoring you next I log in, will that make your day, Troll?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Well I do like things to be realistic. A team of 5 should be able to hold a doorway for instance.

But while playing on day one and first going to sector space i was surrounded my so many ship i had trouble moving away. Granted that's probably not the norm everyone thats been in beta rushing through the tutorial at the same time lol.

I guess i have never seen myself go through a bof so i thought there was collision.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 03:12 PM
Playing this again, I can see that BOffs are NOT able to go through background scenery as they are able to go through you. So, there shouldn't be a problem, in my view. They are not even called forth on Starbases and the like.

The only problem I am seeing is with certain NPCs that keep roaming around and possibly knocking into you, such as when you see a Vendor; but those are NPCs, not BOs. And yes, I have been the victim of over-crowded vendors with many players. I think this is only a short-term problem. Within a month or three, things should calm down a bit on that end.

Ships are interesting, too. There are a few folks that have complained about "ships rubbing up against each other" either in combat or Sector Space. While this can be annoying, IMO, it would be more annoying if one could pass through these ships.