Ensign
Hello,

I've picked up the Sphere of Influence mission from the Journal, which says that the mission is available right this second now... except, I have no idea where to go. There's nothing on New Romulus about a Gateway Complex. I've asked in Zone chat, and no-one else seems to know.

Could anyone help?

Thanks,
S
Ensign
# 2
10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven74205 View Post
Hello,

I've picked up the Sphere of Influence mission from the Journal, which says that the mission is available right this second now... except, I have no idea where to go. There's nothing on New Romulus about a Gateway Complex. I've asked in Zone chat, and no-one else seems to know.

Could anyone help?

Thanks,
S
Mission started for me from orbit of new romulus - just debating whether or not to actually finish it though.....
Empire Veteran
# 3
10-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Yeah, you gotta start the mission from Sector Space, to visit a modified New Romulus map to do the mission (same as "Second Wave" takes place on a modified DS9 interior map)

And it's a lot of fun imo, the mission
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Ensign
# 4
10-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Agreed - took the dive and finished it successfully - big thanks to all the artists and designers - a great mission - maybe a day early
Empire Veteran
# 5
10-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Agreed XD I certainly expected the accolade for exploring all side-paths, but my accidental falling off the bridge into a bottomless pit?

Leap of Faith indeed
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Ensign
# 6
10-30-2013, 11:41 AM
Yes I got that to - it was a bit slippy up there - very atmospheric for a halloween release
Ensign
# 7 Stuck too
04-16-2014, 10:02 AM
I have the same problem I have no idea where the gateway is and nothing showing me or even giving a hint, to where it is. I swear this game needs allot of work.
Captain
# 8
04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairbrian View Post
I have the same problem I have no idea where the gateway is and nothing showing me or even giving a hint, to where it is. I swear this game needs allot of work.
The actual gateway is an object in the upper left hand corner of the TD zone. But that is of no use for SOI mission; the SOI mission starts at NEW ROM PLANET. You go there, or if already there leave, get into SECTOR SPACE (you should be able to see other planets, etc). At that point you *should* have a pop-up that looks like this

-enter new rom-
-being sphere of influence-
-randomness such as enter hostile encounter or talk to trade freighters etc-

mash the one that says begin sphere of influence. You will be dragged into your own private instance inside the "gateway complex" which does not really exist anywhere else (like any misison zone, its not a zone you can walk into from someplace but a created instance associate with this one quest).

You have done this dozens of times already if you did the missions as you leveled up; go to a planet and "begin mission" same as all those others....
Ensign
# 9 can't pick up the SoI
06-18-2014, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven74205 View Post
Hello,

I've picked up the Sphere of Influence mission from the Journal....

Thanks,
S
Hey guys, I'd like to play that mission too, but I can't even manage to pick it up anywhere. It's not available in my journal (it's in the episode replay list alright, but greyed out, i.e. no buttion to press). I thought I could maybe get it by speaking to D'Tan personnally, but I can't find him either.

Does anyone have an idea?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-18-2014, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealqmaster View Post
Hey guys, I'd like to play that mission too, but I can't even manage to pick it up anywhere. It's not available in my journal (it's in the episode replay list alright, but greyed out, i.e. no buttion to press). I thought I could maybe get it by speaking to D'Tan personnally, but I can't find him either.

Does anyone have an idea?
You have to finish or skip all series/episodes before it...Klingon, etc.