Lieutenant
# 1 Beaming to a Location Alone?
12-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Is it possible to turn off the prompt to select an away team when moving to a new map? I want the player to go somewhere alone.
Captain
# 2
12-28-2014, 12:10 PM
No, right now there's no way to control the size of your away team.
Captain
# 3
12-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Sorry, no. Kirkfat managed to get your away team to fall through the floor or something in "Relics", but there's no way to actually control away team size.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by executiveone View Post
Is it possible to turn off the prompt to select an away team when moving to a new map? I want the player to go somewhere alone.
One day, hopefully…

The New Peace Saga by @lordarathron:
"A New Beginning", "Resolution on Risa", "War on Earth", "The Devil and All His Angels"
Other: Attumar: First ContactLegacy Series: Legacy of Attumar: Parts One and Two
Captain
# 5
12-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Sorry, no. Kirkfat managed to get your away team to fall through the floor or something in "Relics", but there's no way to actually control away team size.
It was a bug of sorts. I had the initial spawn point set on a floor that disappeared later in the mission. The pathing for the boffs (theoretically) adjusts their spawn location to the closest point on a map that will be ever present. For my mission, the boffs spawn on a bench that traps them in the holodeck section of the map.

I can't reproduce it though. It was something that affected my contest entry post-publish, and I had to rewrite part of the mission to compensate for the fact that my boffs didn't beam down with the player.
Career Officer
# 6
12-30-2014, 09:12 AM
Is this the part where the devs chime in and tell us they're working with basically the same Foundry restrictions as us?
Ensign
# 7
01-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Bummer, I've been working on my first mission for about a week now, and the first part of the story was supposed to make you beam down alone and unarmed, and then other npcs help you fight for awhile.....guess I will wait before publishing for while to see if those options become available.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerctc25 View Post
Bummer, I've been working on my first mission for about a week now, and the first part of the story was supposed to make you beam down alone and unarmed, and then other npcs help you fight for awhile.....guess I will wait before publishing for while to see if those options become available.
I'm finding in playing these missions that a tool the authors employ is a simple dialog note instructing the player to set an out-of-the-way rally point for the away team, while also instructing them to go passive. One could additionally advise the player to unequip his/her weapons, either before the map transition or after. An honor-system of sorts. It's not a perfect solution, but it should serve as a good placeholder so you can go ahead and complete your Foundry mission. I cannot see the abilities you seek (and I agree they'd be preferable) being implemented anytime soon.
Ensign
# 9
01-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khreg View Post
I'm finding in playing these missions that a tool the authors employ is a simple dialog note instructing the player to set an out-of-the-way rally point for the away team, while also instructing them to go passive. One could additionally advise the player to unequip his/her weapons, either before the map transition or after. An honor-system of sorts. It's not a perfect solution, but it should serve as a good placeholder so you can go ahead and complete your Foundry mission. I cannot see the abilities you seek (and I agree they'd be preferable) being implemented anytime soon.
Thanks I'll probably do that then, though I don't know how to make npcs friendly and follow you yet... Anyone know if that is possible?
Rihannsu
# 10
01-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerctc25 View Post
Thanks I'll probably do that then, though I don't know how to make npcs friendly and follow you yet... Anyone know if that is possible?
Nope. Obviously Cryptic can do it, but not us.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.