Lt. Commander
# 1 just my luck
01-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Just my luck, .

I woke up at 0500 forgetting it was saturday. Actually, my alarm went off since I forgot to turn it off. As I shock the cobwebs out I looked in my yard and saw the ice storm covering the area and remembered it is saturday and that I'd planned to play STO all day. I've been jinesing for it all week. So instead of getting back in my big warm comfy bed I made some coffee, fed the cats, threw some food in the crockpot so it would be ready by noon and loaded up the game....after 5 minutes in game it was Server Maintenance Downtime!

AAARGH! Now I'm wide awake! Rats! If only I'd slept another 2 hours! Then I would have somethinmg to do right now! Oh well, I guess I can go play with the kitten.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I feel your pain. I came over from my 10hour shift job exited to finally get to play my new character when I was hit with "30 minutes to server downtime". Oh well, at least I got trough the tutorial mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 03:59 AM
I feel your pain but I don't share it :p

Some fleet mates and myself spent the first 12 hours of the headstart flying together with the odd bug and crash that steadily got worst as EST/PST prime times arrives heralding presumably massive numbers and strains on the servers.
And even though it feels a little like beta with the silly bugs that many of us found and reported weeks ago we had a wonderful time, however I am glad that the powers that be are so quickly taking measures that should improve your game once you are able to login.
(and to be honest I doubt any reasonable player expected it to go 100% smooth on the first days of full game )

If you need or want a team mate once servers are back up feel free to PM "Strikeclone"
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Yeah, if I'd have known about the downtime I wouldn't have spent the majority of my playtime blasting 100+ borg in the tutorial for an accolade that apparently isn't in game yet