Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Focus your science consoles on sensor array if you can.

Buffs both sensor sweep and jam targeting sensors. Alternatively you could buff sensor probes with it, but you would need a BoP for that to be worth it.

Deflector field is also a sound choice, but not until 28 where you get dampening field.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face
Focus your science consoles on sensor array if you can.

Buffs both sensor sweep and jam targeting sensors. Alternatively you could buff sensor probes with it, but you would need a BoP for that to be worth it.

Deflector field is also a sound choice, but not until 28 where you get dampening field.
If i remember right viral Matrix runs off sensor too. It's something like a 28 second hold by t4 (a team mate i ran with was sci in BoP in OB) barring counters. Not sure if it goes higher than that with t5 points.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
If i remember right viral Matrix runs off sensor too. It's something like a 28 second hold by t4 (a team mate i ran with was sci in BoP in OB) barring counters. Not sure if it goes higher than that with t5 points.
Sensor probes does, it actually launches a small probe that flies to the target.

Sensor array doesnt do anything for it.
Lt. Commander
I was almost done with the required Fed missions before the crash, and I plan on making my main a Klingon science captain soon.

From what I can tell, and from what others have already stated, there isn't a huuuge need for a science officer in ground PVP...right now. However, MMOs always evolve and try to make sure that any one class is not over/underpowered. I'm sure that in end-game ground raid scenarios that a science officer will be needed to some extent, and possibly even more needed after future patches.

I, like others, am dissappointed that gear is only really awarded to high DPS. I'm sure they'll take a look at this as well when the "science officer community" complains enough.

I'm going to roll science and not look back. Science isn't a very sexy career (in real life as well!), but everyone needs them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Myz
I was almost done with the required Fed missions before the crash, and I plan on making my main a Klingon science captain soon.

From what I can tell, and from what others have already stated, there isn't a huuuge need for a science officer in ground PVP...right now. However, MMOs always evolve and try to make sure that any one class is not over/underpowered. I'm sure that in end-game ground raid scenarios that a science officer will be needed to some extent, and possibly even more needed after future patches.

I, like others, am dissappointed that gear is only really awarded to high DPS. I'm sure they'll take a look at this as well when the "science officer community" complains enough.

I'm going to roll science and not look back. Science isn't a very sexy career (in real life as well!), but everyone needs them.
Science officers in ground can be a huge help, sadly because the PvP system rewards damage over everything else, they are unsung heroes, but they are very useful. They have a fairly powerful hold - stasis field and some debuffs, they can also heal, but because they are not highest DPSers they level slower because the rewards are lower.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Science officers in ground can be a huge help, sadly because the PvP system rewards damage over everything else, they are unsung heroes, but they are very useful. They have a fairly powerful hold - stasis field and some debuffs, they can also heal, but because they are not highest DPSers they level slower because the rewards are lower.
Actually if you stack the heals on yourself your resists are really high, after that just spam hard hitting weapons and you still rack up a decent amount.

Of course your team will hate you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face
Actually if you stack the heals on yourself your resists are really high, after that just spam hard hitting weapons and you still rack up a decent amount.

Of course your team will hate you.
The truth is all the "paths" can be spec'd in ways that allow for high DPS, but it comes at the sacrifice of your support skills. It's always just a matter of choices.
Lt. Commander
A few devs have mentioned that respecs will be available in the future. So we can all level DPS if we want and then respec for high level raids when more support is needed. Hopefully they'll have the reward system kinks worked out by then so the Sy's can get more gear.

Unless someone has already come up with a better short name for science officers that I don't know about, then disregard the use of "Sy's."
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Hand_Myz
A few devs have mentioned that respecs will be available in the future. So we can all level DPS if we want and then respec for high level raids when more support is needed. Hopefully they'll have the reward system kinks worked out by then so the Sy's can get more gear.

Unless someone has already come up with a better short name for science officers that I don't know about, then disregard the use of "Sy's."
Sci's

stop butchering the english language for 1 less letter! damn you!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 03:29 PM
I think it was worth it to not type one letter and then spend 3 sentences explaining what it meant. Pure efficiency.