Lt. Commander
# 1 Re-Spawn Idea.
01-30-2010, 05:05 AM
I had an idea to replace the plain jane waiting on the timer. I mean, it's fine, but it just doesn't feel like Star Trek. I mean, WoW has spirit Healers, EvE clones, COH has the hospital, *** that tatoo that lets you rez etc. So, I was thinking, what would have a ST feel to it. That's when I remembered what would happen on the old computer game, "Star Trek: Borg." Q would literaly show up, bellyache at you for being incompotent and then rez you. Now, it doesn't have to be THE Q for this game, but a member of the Q race. The way I'd see it play out would be that during the timer, one of the Q's would show up, scold you and your team for getting ganked on a planet, getting your ship blown up, etc, and would then snarkily offer to rez you when your timer ran out. Anywho, that's my idea. Now to hear some comments from the other forum members and maybe hopefully Rekhan or one of the other Cryptic Staff.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 05:21 AM
i like this idea adds a little bit more to it, first time i poped and respawned i was a little supprised they had done it the way they had.