Ensign
I was going to revive my old thread about this, but since zombies get killed pretty fast by the moderators, I decided to start a new one.

I usually try to be a little helpful to the graphics development team right before a major season update. i find the best way to do this is to find and take screenshots of all the graphics bugs which i can find that need to be looked at. I also tend to find a few, that are so god damn obvious that its stupefying as to how they made it to the live server, but I do assure you every one is on the live server right now. also every one can be checked on if you log in to confirm. and many of them are old as hell, some are even beta or sooner issues, and yet still they are not fixed to date.

while my last thread about this was looked at by one of the forum moderators, it wasn't made into a sticky thread and just as then I do also ask and give consent to do if the opportunity to do so does arrive. and while I do as much work as I can to find and post these screenshots as often as I can I also would like to please ask others to do so when they can to help keep this one active so it doesn't get locked as a zombie as well. I would also like to post this first one as an example to what I'm hoping others will post after this one but I'm going to reserve the next post to let me post more as I need.

below is an example of how posts should be formatted: when possible you should categorize them into categories, such as clipping, or camera glitches, as well as by location and details on how to reproduce this bug.

Bug Type: Ship Interior bugs
bug location: Classic Original Series Ship interior.

Bug description: This one shows a place where it is possible to make the camera see through a wall in the classic T.O.S. bridge.

How to reproduce: this is only happens if you move the camera in a certain place.

here is an example of a bug that is still not fixed and hasn't been since a few season updates. it is also an obvious clipping issue. this one also dosnt need to be explained on how to reproduce it it is plainly visible.

Clipping or misplaced objects.

Earth Space dock

this is a console in earth space dock that is obviously broken there is even an NPC which seems to be unaware of its nonfunctional status. which has been this way since they rearranged the interior of the space dock.

Ensign
# 2
10-30-2013, 08:18 PM
Earth SpaceDock

this bulkhead is slightly out of place if you get really creative you can even see through the seams into the space behind the wall

Default Ship Interior

these are a few of the clipping issue I found in the default starship interiors and these affect all of them no matter what layout you use.

Last edited by kerain; 10-30-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Ensign
# 3
11-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Romulan Ship Interior

this is a really odd one and has been improved since i took this screen, but if you strain to position the camera right you can actually see inside of the sickbay from captains cabin window.
Ensign
# 4
11-09-2013, 05:00 PM
I have a weird one which cannot be put in a screenshot involving the new interior and bridge as well, however, when you look out the view screen it appears as though you are traveling at warp backwards, but if you then look out the window in the roof its going the other way? this is not only humorous it breaks the fabric of how physics says warp theory is supposed to work. also if you check out your ready room window it will appear as though the ship is going straight down? three windows with stars moving in three separate directions, What the hell have my engineers done to my ship?
Career Officer
# 5
11-12-2013, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerain View Post
I have a weird one which cannot be put in a screenshot involving the new interior and bridge as well, however, when you look out the view screen it appears as though you are traveling at warp backwards, but if you then look out the window in the roof its going the other way? this is not only humorous it breaks the fabric of how physics says warp theory is supposed to work. also if you check out your ready room window it will appear as though the ship is going straight down? three windows with stars moving in three separate directions, What the hell have my engineers done to my ship?
Your ship is spinning like a top because Q is playing again.