Lt. Commander
# 11 nice
01-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Totally agree this one is not even close to a WOW comparison yet. I suspended my WOW account about 4 months ago and picked up LOTRO. Which I absolutely love to play with good lore. But it will be my side game now with STO out I want to give it alot of attention. But I will keep LOTRO for my dwarf elf fix hahaha. I am really excited to see where this one goes. For a game that had trouble finding someone to make it it sure has come out of the box nicely.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-30-2010, 05:32 AM
WoW is a much better game. I'm willing to bet that you never get to throw a Mohawk Grenade at any Borg invading SB 24 or this coming Halloween stick a pumpkin on the head of a Klingon. I think that sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JansanRuno
WoW is a much better game. I'm willing to bet that you never get to throw a Mohawk Grenade at any Borg invading SB 24 or this coming Halloween stick a pumpkin on the head of a Klingon. I think that sucks.
Maybe your saucer section will turn into a pumpkin instead.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Things I hate about WoW:

It does not have Space ships.

It does not have space age armor or weapons.

It does not have Klingons or "Insert any alien race found in this game".

It happens on just one planet (how lame).

It does not have the same storyline or background as STO.

Things I hate about STO:

It does not have mounted animals like horses or "Insert and mount or Epic mount found in WoW"

It does not have medieval weapons and armor.

It does not have Blood Elves or "Insert any race indiginous to the WoW world"

It happens on a whole bunch of planets (how am I supposed to keep track of all that).

It does not have the same storyline or backround as WoW.

Yes I am being a smartass and no I dont need your permission to be one. Both games have thier good and bad points. These are called preferences. Comparisons are not possible because they are worlds apart. You would be better off starting a topic about a battle between the Lich King and a Sovereign Class ship than this arguement.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 05:54 AM
you can make a blood elf though
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortikhan View Post

It does not have Klingons or "Insert any alien race found in this game".
STO doesn't really have Klingons either... Zing...

STO and WoW are very different. But to the people that say "WoW has been out for 5 years, give it time!" that is also wrong.

Cryptic should have looked and WoW, and see what has worked and what hasn't worked in the last 5 years. Cryptic does not have the luxury to take 5 years to polish the game into a state of WoW-polish (I cannot find a better term). The programmers at Cryptic have eyes, and they can easily pay $15 dollars, play WoW, and see that's good and bad about it, and implement it into their game. If they did not, they are in for a lot if pain.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 12:40 PM
STO by far, we have lazors and borgs.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 12:46 PM
wonders why a new game comes out everyone has to compare, just like when CO came out.. like above these games new and untried as opposed to the older games
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't think that's fair to WoW, comparing it to a game that's actually fun, that is.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Plase deleate this thread... Topics like this are one the reasons, that players from other mmo's are trying to spam around here and try to displace people new to this game.