Career Officer
# 31
11-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by puttenham View Post
yes this is one of those derp things that should have been implemented in the same year the game was released...

I cant believe its almost 4 years in, and we still don't have this feature..
It was asked for and commented on MANY times in the 2009 STO closed beta phase. IMO, it is a BADLY needed function for those that like to switch ships a lot.

[That said, it appears they can't even fix some of the new UI bugs that came with LOR - like many times one or more of ship 'Station' slots of the character window becoming empty on a map transfer (space or ground); and if you happen to be on the ground when the game have made every single slot empty, when you beam back up, all your Boff assignments are gone and need to be redone.

They say it's "hard to replicate" - but I see one (or more) ship 'Stations' slots empty on a character EVERY TIME I map transfer (and in talking with Fleetmates, I'm not unique in this) - so, either QA is overloaded and not playing real close attention; or because it only causes a major issue if all your slots are cleared (and that doesn't happen often) - they don't consider it worth the programming time it might take to correct.

(BTW - On the ground, as long a one slot is filled, if you then click on an empty slot, the game will auto-refill the 'station' slots properly, until the next time you map transfer, but it is annoying to have to check that every time before a beam up.)

And before anyone asked, yes, I've /bugged this issue MANY times. Since there's been no change, I can only imagine either again, they don't find it a major enough issue to devote more programming time to fix; or they can't figure out HOW to fix it.]
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 32
11-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Forget saving multiple layouts - STO still has trouble saving a single layout.
Rihannsu
# 33
11-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Put my name in for this change.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
Captain
# 34
11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Zen Store exclusive! Experimental Skill Tray console Mk 12. Must be a Vice Admiral in a Tier V Fleet base. Costs 10 Eng provisions, 10 Sci provisions, 100,000 dilithium and 5,000 Zen to open a lock box where the console is one of 100 possible loot options.

+50% chance to save skill tray layout. Zero recharges. Consumed on use.

Don't give them ideas...

I fully expect it will come sooner or later for 500zen/layout/character.

Career Officer
# 35
11-04-2013, 12:06 PM
mmm The only time i have any issues with this is when prepping a new ship that i just bought. I'm not to concerned about this now as i just see it as another part of the 'getting ready' phase of checking stations and updating consoles/weapons/things that make it go. Switching toons doesn't cause it for me.

Some time ago we had a bug that caused the trays to randomize EVERY time you swapped maps. Now THAT was really annoying. Fortunately they fixed that one pretty quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-05-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maracroft View Post
mmm The only time i have any issues with this is when prepping a new ship that i just bought. I'm not to concerned about this now as i just see it as another part of the 'getting ready' phase of checking stations and updating consoles/weapons/things that make it go. Switching toons doesn't cause it for me.

Some time ago we had a bug that caused the trays to randomize EVERY time you swapped maps. Now THAT was really annoying. Fortunately they fixed that one pretty quickly.
Mine is like mentioned above. If I fail to check my boffs before I beam up to my ship, I can get into a mission with either no boffs at all or only part of a crew. If there are no boffs at all, my tray is annihilated because the game sees it as setting up a new ship. In the 30 second countdown before queue launch, I have to check my boffs and decide to hit accept or abort to reconfigure my ship. It's quite a pain in the tookus to say the least. And failure to check may find you in an elite STF with no skills and needing a few minutes to remedy it. If you are in a private with friends, they don't mind but in a private from the channels or a pug, you might get a good deal of noob calling. I have multiple ships but I generally only fly one every single time. The times I do change, I know I need to fix the tray and do it. It's the times when nothing has changed and it has to be fixed many times an evening. It should not happen if you don't change ships.
"USS Enterprise, shakedown cruise report. I think this new ship was put together by monkeys. Oh, she's got a fine engine, but half the doors won't open, and guess whose job it is to make it right." - Scotty
Commander
# 37
11-05-2013, 05:57 AM
With boffs we have outfits that can be loaded and I don't see why a similar approach can not be found for tray loadouts...
Ensign
# 38
12-20-2013, 09:26 AM
This is a badly needed feature, seems like it should be an obvious fix from the start. Every time I change zones I need to reset my ship tray. Annoying.
Lieutenant
# 39
12-25-2013, 08:45 AM
This tops my wish list to be honest.
I loathe switching ships for this exact reason otherwise I would switch ships based up which enemy I wanted to face.
Career Officer
# 40
12-25-2013, 08:57 AM
sto HAS a save function, which automatically saves the setup for as long as you have the ship and crew/equipment that you last used with it. If you discharge the ship, you're also deleting the saved layout for that ship. I constantly switch between certain ships, and each time i do, the most i have to worry about is maybe slotting a couple of abilities that i didn't have last time i used it.