Rihannsu
# 11
10-31-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Why do you assume they're "supposed to" be anything? I'm talking biologically... women are on average shorter than men, regardless if tall women are 'sexy' or not.
I actually saw my wording and changed my post. We were just typing at the same time, apparently. When I re-read my post it sounded a bit sexist so I changed it to emphasize the humor i was seeing and not making a sexist remark. ~shrug~
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Lieutenant
# 12
10-31-2013, 10:55 AM

i think i have the answer...
Boots + bad character creation engine... aaand... everything in STO its oversized...
just go take a good look (A VERY VERY VEEERY GOOD LOOK) at DS9 the DS9 in the series the defiant was able to just fit at the docking ring of the station... and a galaxy class cruiser needed to dock on the pylons... and this was on the series...
On STO a defiant not just fit on the docking ring but have an enormous loose space an the pylons? well just try to put the neck of a galaxy cruiser there...
and yes thers to the problem with the character creator were the height of the character dont correspond with the real height cause you can just chage the torso and leg lenght and boom you hava a space giant...

every thing on STO is oversized besides the ships...who are undersized... anda the interior looks bigger than the ship itself...

not that really have something wrong with tall women
Rihannsu
# 13
10-31-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sch3ff3l View Post

i think i have the answer...
Boots + bad character creation engine... aaand... everything in STO its oversized...
just go take a good look (A VERY VERY VEEERY GOOD LOOK) at DS9 the DS9 in the series the defiant was able to just fit at the docking ring of the station... and a galaxy class cruiser needed to dock on the pylons... and this was on the series...
On STO a defiant not just fit on the docking ring but have an enormous loose space an the pylons? well just try to put the neck of a galaxy cruiser there...
and yes thers to the problem with the character creator were the height of the character dont correspond with the real height cause you can just chage the torso and leg lenght and boom you hava a space giant...

every thing on STO is oversized besides the ships...who are undersized... anda the interior looks bigger than the ship itself...

not that really have something wrong with tall women
. . . . Tardis . . . . The Doctor is in . . .

This is so true though. With the STO bridges I feel like every starship is, indeed, a Tardis!!!
Commander
# 14
10-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Why do you assume they're "supposed to" be anything? I'm talking biologically... women are on average shorter than men, regardless if tall women are 'sexy' or not.
wait women are sposed to be shorter then men? uumm my wife my mother my grandmother on both sides of the family want to have a word with ur little man cause my wife is 6ft1in and i'm 5ft11inch ssoo yeah my family is tall lol
Career Officer
# 15
10-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemladaiya View Post
So the complaint of this thread is that the females are tall, skinny and sexy . . . wait where's the complaint here . . . ?
Perhaps not everyone wants to see that distorted "ideal" of a female... I personally prefer more butch/athletic/no-baloon-smuggling ones (read flat & tomboyish), and sadly, we don't get those in STO...

Really wish the females had more variety in general (ie most costumes look crappy on them, compared to males, as if the females were smuggling balloons underneath their uniforms), and for all I care, let there be a small ones, but don't make it a rule... <.< >.> More variety, less restrictions/limitations. Really.

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 16
10-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerxhyper View Post
wait women are sposed to be shorter then men? uumm my wife my mother my grandmother on both sides of the family want to have a word with ur little man cause my wife is 6ft1in and i'm 5ft11inch ssoo yeah my family is tall lol
Your family does not dictate the average female height compared to the average male height. Sure it's possible for there to be tall women, just unlikely. And to have too many tall women in the galaxy... yeah.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Commander
# 17
10-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Well, this takes place 400 years in the future, there is no reason they wouldn't be more similar in height

From what I have observed as I researched human sexual dimorphism for my biology class, is that females and males, as time passes, are becoming more equal in height. The effect is a great deal more prevalent in developed countries as well, and I assume the Federation counts as developed.

To sum up, I am saying that over the 400 years, our genders became less different
Rihannsu
# 18
10-31-2013, 02:57 PM
Height-wise I could care less,

But 400 years in the future I WOULD hope people did exercise finally
Captain
# 19
10-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan171717 View Post
Well, this takes place 400 years in the future, there is no reason they wouldn't be more similar in height

From what I have observed as I researched human sexual dimorphism for my biology class, is that females and males, as time passes, are becoming more equal in height. The effect is a great deal more prevalent in developed countries as well, and I assume the Federation counts as developed.

To sum up, I am saying that over the 400 years, our genders became less different
Actually, studies show that IRL, qwe are getting more sexually dimorphic as time passes by. Biologically, at least. And since genetic engineering is frowned upon by the Federation, odds are that growing sexual dimorphism trend will continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazemladaiya View Post
Height-wise I could care less,

But 400 years in the future I WOULD hope people did exercise finally
How much could you care less?

Also, relative height does not reflect fitness levels.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Commander
# 20
10-31-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Actually, studies show that IRL, qwe are getting more sexually dimorphic as time passes by. Biologically, at least. And since genetic engineering is frowned upon by the Federation, odds are that growing sexual dimorphism trend will continue.

How much could you care less?

Also, relative height does not reflect fitness levels.
Oh geez
It worries me that I got a good grade on that now....