Commander
# 1 How to get obelisk ship?
10-31-2013, 10:58 AM
The main discussion forum says the Obelisk Ship is "now available", do they mean only from the C-store because I can't find it in the ship selector.

There are a lot of pages and blogs describing the ship, but I can't find anywhere that says how to access it (except as part of the sphere of influence mission).
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-31-2013, 11:01 AM
It's a reward for playing the feature episode Sphere of Influence. the better version is in the Lobi store.
Commander
# 3
10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Wow I just dug through posts to find this:

"This ship can be earned by completing the ?Sphere of Influence? feature episode before server maintenance starts on December 5, 2013. After this time, members of Fleets who have completed Tier 1 of the main track of the Fleet Spire Outpost will gain access to purchase the Obelisk Carrier."

So on December 5 if you have completed the episode and your fleet has completed that tier of the spire THEN you will be able to "purchase" the ship?

sigh. Ok, I guess I'll have to find a way to get 800 lobi crystals. I don't even know what one is but I guess that's my next project...

I will have to figure out how, besides the Featured Reply episodes, to get the crystals...
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realisticalty View Post
So on December 5 if you have completed the episode and your fleet has completed that tier of the spire THEN you will be able to "purchase" the ship?

No. Until December 5, run the new mission. Get ship.

After December 5, run the mission - don't get ship. Must buy from fleet stores instead.
Commander
# 5
10-31-2013, 11:09 AM
I ran the mission yesterday. How do I get the ship?

It's not available in the ship selector as far as I can tell? Or did I miss it somehow?
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Ship comes in a purple ship box,so check your inventory
Career Officer
# 7
10-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:
I ran the mission yesterday. How do I get the ship?

It's not available in the ship selector as far as I can tell? Or did I miss it somehow?
It will be in your inventory, as a blue Special Requisition Pack - Obelisk Carrier. You have to pop it open for it to go to the selector.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Would you rather that we had you press buttons on some console for 40 levels, serving as an ensign/lt on someone else's ship?

This is a game, people who play a Star Trek game want to be the Captain. While the justification for it in game may be weak, who cares? You get to fly your own ship.
Commander
# 8
10-31-2013, 11:33 AM
It sure was! Found it - thanks everyone!

I had turned it in quite late at night (early in the morning) and I guess I didn't notice the reward descriptions. I have learned my lesson and appreciate all your help.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
10-31-2013, 12:10 PM
I was <--> this close to getting it and it disconnects just as we're all saying our goodbyes at the end with no way to pick up where I left off
It's a nice ship though and that's coming from someone who doesn't like cross faction ships usually.
Been on STO since Beta and a fully fledged veteran with the scars to prove it.
Republic Veteran
# 10
10-31-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Wow I just dug through posts to find this:

"This ship can be earned by completing the ?Sphere of Influence? feature episode before server maintenance starts on December 5, 2013. After this time, members of Fleets who have completed Tier 1 of the main track of the Fleet Spire Outpost will gain access to purchase the Obelisk Carrier."

sigh. Ok, I guess I'll have to find a way to get 800 lobi crystals. I don't even know what one is but I guess that's my next project...

I will have to figure out how, besides the Featured Reply episodes, to get the crystals...
Do the mission now and get the ship from the mission, you do not have to buy the Advanced Obelisk in order to play the game, it might be just slightly better, but that shouldn't really matter.