Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
if your reading this thread then you probibly already have an answer for me, as stated above why do people want to play as the borg so much, its not like there better then everone else,and for that matter
who would want to be another mindless drone who assimilates others,sounds boring to me.....

its like what kirk sayd in "Star Trek V" - "I DONT WANT MY PAIN TAKEN AWAY, I NEED MY PAIN!!!!"

atleast thats how i feel and im perfectly fine with whatever cryptic delivers me,reguardless in sure
its going to be good...so for those who keep begging on getting anything other then the borg bridge
officer...please stop posting worthless threads when you know all your goin to get is 1 thats not even
your captain.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
good question. I myself saw 6 or 7 ships ina row that were all borg race. So they must be really really popular
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Call it a signature for paying for a lifetime sub. Give us a few weeks and we'll start different toons with different races and abilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-30-2010, 01:27 AM
I say everyone wants to be Icheb the Wesley Crusher of voyager.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-30-2010, 01:29 AM
Assuming your talking Full borg and not liberated borg...

I imagine people would view the borg as a license to play without conscience or remorse. Attack and assimilate everyone nothing else matters.

Always been a fan of Star Trek and will Play Fed 99% of the time and mess around just to do it.


If you mean the liberated borg the reasons prob have to do with Rarity and the bonuses.

My first and main char will be a Human captain Engineering branch. As I did go all in and got lifetime I may make a science or probably tactical char be my liberated Borg.

I do like variety so ill want all my characters to be as different as possible to try different ways of playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-30-2010, 01:30 AM
Also, there's currently a very self-selecting population on the server, too: only people who pre-ordered can get the lifetime sub (right now), and those who got the lifetime sub are probably interested in the headstart.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-30-2010, 01:34 AM
Can one of you guys with the lifetime sub elaborate on how much customization you can do to your liberated Borg character? I've only seen one so far and it looked pretty cool, but do they mostly look the same?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-30-2010, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynp7 View Post
Can one of you guys with the lifetime sub elaborate on how much customization you can do to your liberated Borg character? I've only seen one so far and it looked pretty cool, but do they mostly look the same?
There's about 8-10 (?) different skin colors, plus 9 different Borg specific eyepieces to choose from, and an odd part here and there - Borg Ears were one, i think.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-30-2010, 01:42 AM
They look too much like regular Borg for my tastes, the implants are much too large. I'm sticking to good old fashioned human.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-30-2010, 01:45 AM
I have no idea why people would want to play the borg, no redeeming qualities at all, my only guess is that 2% or so actualy want to be borg characters and the other 98% just want to flaunt their lifetime subscription.

Im waiting for the superior joined trill myself
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM.